_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Day-job preventing quality Armorama time!
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 11, 2004 - 09:07 AM UTC
Hi all

This is by way of an apology and an appeal for patience in advance.

Due to workload in my video editing job, my time on Armorama is going to be seriously limited fthrough December and January. This is always a busy time of year in my industry, but this year things have gone from stupid to totally insane!

I'll try to log on if I get free time at work, and I'll try to write some reviews in downtime and add them on a "now you see me, now you don't" basis, but I doubt that I'll be able to give our forum half the attention I'd like.

The frustrating thing is that a pile of really exciting new Aircraft submissions have come in! I will try to tackle them as time allows, and I've asked on the Staff Forum for help dealing any backlog that builds up.

So please, bear with me and don't be discouraged if it seems to take a little while before your submissions appear. Most importantly, keep 'em coming!

Cheers

Rowan
wingman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 880 posts
AeroScale: 654 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 11, 2004 - 01:20 PM UTC
Merlin. Hope your time away from Armorama goes fast. Sometimes when we have to make a living it pulls us away from the things we really love doing. I'm sure we will miss you and your hard work. Don't worry, we well keep the submissions coming, I'm sure it's alot of hard work to keep this site going[ Thanks to everyone else too by the way]. So even if it does take some time to get things posted, I'm sure it will be worth the wait. I'm sure everything will be in good hands while you are away. Wingman out.
ShermiesRule
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 11, 2004 - 01:40 PM UTC
How dare they expect you to work during work!!
TreadHead
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
AeroScale: 370 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 11, 2004 - 01:55 PM UTC
Howdy Merlin,

You will indeed be sorely missed............

A suggestion. Just eliminate sleep altogether, that way you'll be back before ya know it!

Tread.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 11, 2004 - 09:17 PM UTC
What are you talking about, as I always used to tell recruits "there are 24 hours in a day" so you should be able to do work "work" during the day (daylight hours are pretty short anyway at this time of year :-) ) Giving you at least 16 hours to work for Armorama :-) I know this is your normal schedule so what's to gripe about :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
Seriously mate don't worry I've sent in an article but I didn't expect it to see the light of day until after christmas? I have nearly finished the suplimentary article that goes with my Storm Warning one. Would it be better to hang on to it until you are back in the saddle?
I wish I could help out but it was for reasons of not being able to give this forum the time it deserves that I couldn't help moderate it. Even if I did have editors rights it would probably take me until you did get back to understand what to do
Anyway have a great time at work and remember "24 hours in a day :-)
Mal
Verboten
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
KitMaker: 202 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 12, 2004 - 04:19 AM UTC
Quit! Who needs money anyway, the only thing you'll do with it besides buy modles, is buy stupid things, like food. Who needs that? :-)
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 12, 2004 - 07:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I've sent in an article but I didn't expect it to see the light of day until after christmas? I have nearly finished the suplimentary article that goes with my Storm Warning one. Would it be better to hang on to it until you are back in the saddle?

Hi Mal

I spotted your new submission last night - I'll try to tackle it this week, but I can't promise, because the run up to Christmas is looking solid at work. Don't wait until I'm back full time before posting the next one, because it'll be about 6 weeks!

LOL! I wish I could work just 8-hour days (we call those half-days in editing... 11+ is more the norm... ) - if I could, there'd be no problem - I'd have plenty of time for Armorama and even do some modelling too!

With any luck, Bryan might be back in the New Year - having him at the helm again will be wonderful!

All the best

Rowan
CRS
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,936 posts
AeroScale: 1,168 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 12, 2004 - 07:37 AM UTC
Look IT'S A HOBBY of course everything else takes a back seat. A "real job" what's that ? Seriously, Time is a problem for everyone especially this time over year. Don't get too stressed out, like Life, Armorama goes on.
Grumpyoldman
Staff Member_ADVISOR
KITMAKER NETWORK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
AeroScale: 836 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 12, 2004 - 10:50 AM UTC
You will be missed........
 _GOTOTOP