_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
the mysterious model (really)
Invader
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Jerusalem, Israel
KitMaker: 37 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 11, 2004 - 09:54 PM UTC
Hello guys.Today i went to a model shhop in Tel-aviv and i looked for some armor models.on the shelve of the 1:72 armor models i saw it,skwished between the modles,all alone,small,and almost unseend.It was a model of an Avia S-199,a cezch version of th Bf-109 that was used only by the IAF.Anyway it was in a very small box, on the cover there was a nice drawing of the aircraft in cezch mkgs and on the bottom it said " 1/72 AVIA S-199 " no name of the company of the place of preduction. It coastd 40 NIS (a little less than 5 dollars) so i decided to buy it.When i opened it i have noticed that the company's name was"kovozavody prostejov" and that it was made in the Cezch Republic.Has any bohere ever heard about this company or this model?what is the year of the preduction? have i buoght some knid of a antique model?
DaveCox
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
AeroScale: 272 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 11, 2004 - 09:59 PM UTC
They are more usually just known as KP Models, and I beleive they are based in Turkey? Some of their stuff is well detailed, if simple, and cheap to buy. Probably not up to the latest standards though.
I built the Avia and a Spit lF IX E some years ago and was pleased with the results. The original issue of the Avia had ( if memory serves me correct) Czech markings.
SnakeEye
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Rodopi, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 310 posts
AeroScale: 9 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 12, 2004 - 11:20 AM UTC
PM models are based in Turkey.
SSgt1Shot
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 535 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 12, 2004 - 11:39 AM UTC
I found a few on the web listed as KOVOZAVODY PROSTEJOV CZECHOSLOVAKIA . Model no. KP-723153 Avia S-199 Mule most running about what you paid anything between US$4 and US$9

Here is a blurb from their site ...

"KOPRO ( previous Kovozavody Prostejov ) is the factory with longest tradition in the plastic aircraft model kits manufacturing not only in the former Czechoslovak Republic, but even within the Eastern Europe."

They can be found here ....

http://www.ares.cz/hobby/kopro/profile.htm

Later Dave
 _GOTOTOP