_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Classic Airframes Westland Wyvern
Stahlhelm
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 414 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 30, 2004 - 12:44 PM UTC
While I'm not much of an aircraft guy(even though I make airplanes for a living) there are a few aircraft which I find utterly fascinating, the Wyvern being one. Here is the new Classic Airframes 1/48 kit which has just been released. Big ole' contra-rotating propellors, stripes, all zoomy lookin'...way kool!

The model is not perfect, will require some corrections but to my admittedly amatuer eyes it appears to be the basis for a very kool model. Hope you enjoy the pics...

Cody
DaveCox
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
AeroScale: 272 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 30, 2004 - 07:41 PM UTC
I love the Wyvern as well, and have fond memories of the old Frog 1/72 scale kit - if only Novo/Revell had the mould for it, but it seems to be long-gone.
I considered buying this model but was put off by the price and the limited-run aspect of the kit. I'd be interested to know how the build goes as I may just reconsider and get it at some point!
mikeli125
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,595 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 30, 2004 - 10:03 PM UTC
trumpeter are bringing out one in1/72 it's due for a may release
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 30, 2004 - 10:11 PM UTC
Yes I'm tempted by this, although it is outside my normal modelling sphere. I do like to build the occasional cool looking aircraft, outside of WWII. This would look good next to my Skyraider :-) Edit: er Sea Fury (thanks for reminding me Jim)
Cody,
I've just checked and there doesn't appear to be a review of this kit, how would you like to do one for the site Take a look at the reviews to see what is required, then come back so I will be able to alley any fears you might have :-) You are half way there and it would be good to get a review from someone who wouldn't normally build aircraft.
Mal
jimbrae
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
AeroScale: 291 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 30, 2004 - 10:23 PM UTC
Trumpeter are bringing out TWO - one in 1/72nd and another in 1/48th. This was always one of my all time favourites along with the Gannet and SeaFury....Jim
 _GOTOTOP