_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft: What If?
For those who like to build hypothetical or alternate history versions of planes.
Luft 46 colour profiles...useful?
flitzer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,240 posts
AeroScale: 743 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 05, 2005 - 12:15 AM UTC
Hi all...

While I now take great pleasure in doing the Luft 46 Colour profiles and have just submitted Part 5 with Part 6 almost ready to go, I just wondered if they are of some use to any of us?

Has anyone found them useful for reference for potential schemes for what-if projects?

Just wondered....lol

Cheers
Peter
:-)
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 05, 2005 - 12:27 AM UTC
hi Peter,
I am a retired aircraft modeler but I like them and collect all Luft46 profiles..i think it takes interest of many ppl.
Btw,good to hear from you.
Stay safe my friend
LogansDad
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 938 posts
AeroScale: 109 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 05, 2005 - 05:34 AM UTC
Well, Peter, as you know, I'm collecting them. & of course I have a bit of a leg up on most of our members, at least on the first set.
My only problem is the scarcity/cost of kits to which I can apply this Fantastic artwork(Though i'm quite afraid my poor attempts would fall far short of doing your profiles justice...).
Rest assured, however, they are greatly appreciated. And they will be put to use in the future, as will many resources I've collected over the years.

Keep it up, Master!
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 05, 2005 - 08:01 AM UTC
Rest assured Peter they are very useful. Even though, as you know, I don't model luft 46 I have aquired a Ta 183. Because this will be the only model of this aircraft that I will have I want it to have a very interesting finish. Although I haven't yet decided what that finish will be, your profiles have certainly got me thinking. Infact, if the truth be known, I actually have 2 Ta 183s (got a real bargin, but intend to sell one on ebay?) I am tempted to build both models myself so I can try out different schemes, one of which might be NMF :-) This is all your fault Peter :-)
Mal
BigTon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
District of Columbia, United States
KitMaker: 102 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 06, 2005 - 03:20 PM UTC
I also have 2 Ta-183's...well, they're on order anyway :-)
I'm going to build and paint one of them in a WWI scheme for $hi%$ and giggles...

For the second one though, I plan to faithfully follow a Luft 46 scheme. So yes! I find them to be really helpful...that, and easy on the eyes too!

So keep em coming!

-scott
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
AeroScale: 510 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 06, 2005 - 05:12 PM UTC
It would probably be a nice idea to post something about this on the What-If forum as they would probably enjoy seeing these very much.

Excellent work Peter as always!

Jim
procrazzy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 359 posts
Posted: Monday, March 07, 2005 - 04:26 AM UTC
I like them because they are excellent insperation for dooing camo on anything! The only problem is that i really want to do one of the bombers but i can not find models for any of them.
But still, very cool.

cheers

Philip
ThorsHammer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 112 posts
Posted: Monday, March 07, 2005 - 01:58 PM UTC
I LOVE your profiles! The Luftwaffe, I think, doesn't get enough recognition for the huge advances it made in the aeronautical industry. My main interest in aircraft is Luftwaffe planes, and I always love reading your profiles. Definetly keep up the good work!! But yes, I agree with Phillip, Ive found that I have a hard time finding kits. If anyone knows where to find them, please let me know!
flitzer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,240 posts
AeroScale: 743 posts
Posted: Monday, March 07, 2005 - 05:38 PM UTC
Hi Jared

Quoted Text

But yes, I agree with Phillip, Ive found that I have a hard time finding kits.

If you mean injection kits, then you are right, there are not too many out there especially as Revell have ceased making their excellent Luft 46 range. But you might find a few still on shelves somewhere.

However, if you don't mind resin kits there are quite an extensive range from various manufacturers available.
Resin tend to be expensive due to the short run/limited numbers.
You can check Planet, A&V, RS Models, Unicraft amongst others for resin. Special Hobby and Dragon for injection. All are available most of the time from Hannants in UK or Squadron in the USA.

Also if you look on www.Luft46.com you'll find an extensive kit list.

Hope it helps.

Cheers
Peter

:-H :-)
 _GOTOTOP