Aircraft of the United States in WWII.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
B-17 in progress
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 2,412 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 15, 2005 - 05:40 PM UTC

okay, is this terribly, bad, average, or good? the figures pants needs some fixing wich will be done, and i wont bother with minor paitn touch ups inside hte plane since they wont be seen, sorry if the pics arnt zoomed, i tried to fix them after taking them but the photo editor didnt work? any tips on how to get a good zoom in it?

feedback, critisism welcome,
Frank
TsunamiBomb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,447 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 15, 2005 - 05:45 PM UTC
Thats amazing, I love the interior! The guys tooshy looks a bit shiny if you ask me. :-) Maybe someone just waxed that a** :-) Ok im not homosexual, but I thought the joke would be funny... Otherwise lookin good buddy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Saturday, January 15, 2005 - 05:50 PM UTC
lmfao! :-) :-) :-)

Quoted Text

Thats amazing, I love the interior! The guys tooshy looks a bit shiny if you ask me. Maybe someone just waxed that a** Ok im not homosexual, but I thought the joke would be funny... Otherwise lookin good buddy

okay, iam realy tierd, and when i read your post looked at the guy from the back and said to myself "wtf is he doing, looks like he's dancing in soem bar or ordorign at mc donalds lol

Frank
husky1943
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,305 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 15, 2005 - 06:32 PM UTC
Ciao Frank,
You are really doing an outstanding job on that B-17. My only suggestion would be that you look out for the injector marks in the model. I think that called them injector marks, anyway. Those are the disk shapes that populate the inside of the model. If you look at the bulkhead just aft of the radio(?)room, you will see the four distinct circular shapes. Those should be filled in and sanded over. There are other ones on the wing root, starboard side bulkhead near the ball turret opening, etc. You know what I mean.
I really like the aluminum surface with the wash. It really looks like "heavy metal." You are doing great, and I really like the figure. Dull coat will knock out the gloss problem.
Great job!!!
Ciao for now
Rob
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Saturday, January 15, 2005 - 06:39 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Ciao Frank,
You are really doing an outstanding job on that B-17. My only suggestion would be that you look out for the injector marks in the model. I think that called them injector marks, anyway. Those are the disk shapes that populate the inside of the model. If you look at the bulkhead just aft of the radio(?)room, you will see the four distinct circular shapes. Those should be filled in and sanded over. There are other ones on the wing root, starboard side bulkhead near the ball turret opening, etc. You know what I mean.
I really like the aluminum surface with the wash. It really looks like "heavy metal." You are doing great, and I really like the figure. Dull coat will knock out the gloss problem.
Great job!!!
Ciao for now
Rob

yeah, i get what you mean, i never realized it, but anyway its a little late now, but revell hasnt put these in a visible space, once the fusalge is complete, none will show becuase they werent put near windows but in dark areas that wont be seen, also there is a dullcoat lmao, and its good this way when the fusalage is complette it looks fine.

thanks for the coments everyone, i liek the results myself since it too kme half a year to get a good looking wash and that was found as a discovery by accident lol

Frank
warvos
_VISITCOMMUNITY
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 350 posts
AeroScale: 24 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 15, 2005 - 10:50 PM UTC
Looks nice already!!

So, you decided not to paint the interiour green?
Maybe the aluminium colour will make more of the interiour visible or atleast appear clearer through the windshields.
Is this the 1/48 chowhound version you're building? (don't recall the manufacturer)
husky1943
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
Posted: Saturday, January 15, 2005 - 11:08 PM UTC
Ciao warvos,
Revell (US) made that version of the B-17.
Ciao for now
Rob
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2005 - 07:32 AM UTC
warvos, il be indeed doign hte chow hound ,the el lobo painted in aluminium isnt tempting, OD is better looking, plus i get to put micky mouse on it lol

Frank
Tiger101
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 902 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2005 - 07:54 AM UTC
Francois, Nice job so far. The interior has that lived in look. Very well done.
OllieC-FWOL
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 446 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2005 - 08:40 AM UTC
Good job Frank, I wouldn't have bothered with the wash in the interior, but keep up the good work!

_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2005 - 08:48 AM UTC
ollie, i mainly bothered with hte wash because i need practice on htem, and if i screw up it wont show on hte end result

thanks for the coments guys, keep them coming

Frank
OllieC-FWOL
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2005 - 08:56 AM UTC
It's good to practice, but the truth is that planes are seldom very dirty, at least the ones I fly!

We spend a great deal of time scrubing the panels and everything so that it is spick and span.

_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2005 - 10:46 AM UTC
you take as much care of your focke wulf as i take care of my dirtbike how is it liek ot fly one of these babys?

Frank
OllieC-FWOL
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2005 - 01:40 PM UTC
I bet I do!

It's pretty fun to fly, as long as you're not more than 2 aboard. With passengers on the rear seat, the CG moves aft and the tail starts to drag in the air, and you loose speed and climb performance.

But overall, I love it! She's now in storage for the winter.

_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2005 - 01:43 PM UTC
yeah, my biks in storage also, i took it out a few time,s but the canadian winters are harsh, too much snow... lol, were kidna gettign off topic here :-) jsut a little

Frank

asked pops were longeuill was, said about 40 min without traffic, but he drives fast, so 30 min top notch lol

Frank
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Monday, January 17, 2005 - 08:35 AM UTC
Nice, more pictures as you progress please. I have one of these in my stash. I'll be building the Liberator first though.
A good idea to practice washes on the interior, looks good.
Mal
Gunfighter
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 743 posts
Posted: Monday, January 17, 2005 - 08:58 AM UTC
I think it looks great so far. The wash effect adds nice depth to the interior. Keep up the great work.

Looking forward to more progress pics!
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 - 10:49 AM UTC
thanks for the coments guys, its encouraging to have skillfull modelers like you think its good work so far, i realy apreciate the tiem you take to post a little soemthing

Frank
tazz
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,462 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 - 11:37 AM UTC
what a nice job you are doing,
the interior looks great.
keep the pciture comeing
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 09:29 AM UTC
Thanks tazz, might take a while, been slacking off lol, plenty of 436 math to do and hey, the better education i got, the more $ i can later make, and the faster i can retire to build

Frank
USArmy2534
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,716 posts
AeroScale: 246 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 10:22 AM UTC
Frickin' awesome. The interior is well done. Because it is aluminum colored, I take it that it will be an all aluminum color.

Jeff
husky1943
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
Posted: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 11:21 AM UTC
Ciao Frank,
You already talking about retirement to build models? Man, I admire your planning! Post some more pictures when you can.
Ciao for now
Rob
OllieC-FWOL
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 01:20 PM UTC
Ah, Math 436...

That was boring...

Been there, done that!!

_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 02:09 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Ah, Math 436..That was boring...Been there, done that!!

you still have your notes? iam havign a hard time lol. sec.3 lazy habbits are hard to change

Quoted Text

You already talking about retirement to build models? Man, I admire your planning! Post some more pictures when you can.

lol, Rob, you cant imagine how anxious i am to get out of school, serve 20 years in the army, get a little job and have a lot of time and money to build models, darn, if i can get all that i wont bother havign a wife and kids :-) il get pics soon, ont worry, i drybrushed the interior, which was a first attempt at drybrushing

Quoted Text

Frickin' awesome. The interior is well done. Because it is aluminum colored, I take it that it will be an all aluminum color

its good to have someone else than mommy like what you build :-) i think you'll be satisfied to know ive givin it another matt coat and it looks superb

Frank
OllieC-FWOL
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 02:47 AM UTC
Maybe, I'll check! I know I still have my book...

Man, that was like 9 years ago...

_GOTOTOP