_GOTOBOTTOM
Pre-Flight Check
Constructive critique of your finished or in-progress photos.
Small Scale Lightning
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
AeroScale: 1,164 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 02:16 AM UTC
I had this posted over in the a/c Forum. I guess it should be here instead. It's the Hasegawa 1/72 Lightninig. I scratchbuilt a cockpit for it, but you can't really see it. I added a True Details MB Mk7 seat. (Should be a Mk4) Paints used were Hubrol. Kit decals. I got a slight goof around the base of the windscreen, but nothing major. There is a gap here where the windscreen met the fuselage. Filled it with white glue, and it boggered up a bit. Not a contest winner by any means, but I like it. Now to get going on my 1/32 Vac of this interesting bird. Comments welcome. "Q"

Grumpyoldman
Staff Member_ADVISOR
KITMAKER NETWORK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
AeroScale: 836 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 02:24 AM UTC
Very nicely done Matthew but the last photo looks as though there is a seam along the leading edge of the starboard wing.

Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
AeroScale: 1,164 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 04:24 PM UTC
You are correct sir. I can take care of that easily enough. "Q"
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 05:10 PM UTC
Hey Red nice build, a few minors but like you said not a contest entrent, you like it and that's all that counts. Looking over the photos it seems that you did a great job on the painting and weathing the panel lines. I like how it came out around the exhaust holes. To bad i was'nt able to see the scratch built cockpit. But hey that's what this place is all about right, we learn as we go. Can't wait to see the 1/32 vac jet.
 _GOTOTOP