Me 110 Wolf Nose art
Jakkels
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 19 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, February 07, 2005 - 10:48 PM UTC
Hoping someone may enlighten me

Years back, as a kid, I built the Revel 1:48 Me 110. Cannot remember of it was a C/D/F/G. The version I built had a snarling wolf in brown for nose art.

I have, over the last year, once seen a picture/photo/image/model on the web, or in a book. I cannot for the life of me remember where.

I would like to do this model again and have spent a good week trying to find decals and more info on this particular aircratf, with no luck.

Doea anyone remember this model or has anyone seen a reference and or decals for it.

Would be most grateful for any help.

Sean
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Friday, February 11, 2005 - 09:56 PM UTC
Sorry I ment to get back to you. I had a look through the search engines at a couple of sites, such as Hannants, but came up blank. I seem to recall having seen a wolfes head on a 110, but talking to a mate at work, who also models, I then wasn't so sure. I have definately seen a P-47 with a wolfes head.
I can only suggest that you try as many companies that supply models as possible, such as "Lucky Model.com" see add banner at left. Use their search engines look for decals Bf 110. You may get lucky. In the mean time I will also look.
Best of luck with your search, get back to us if you find what you are looking for, sounds like an intersting scheme (If it did inded exist)
Mal
jetprovost
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 111 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 12, 2005 - 12:39 AM UTC
Sean,
I was talking to Mal about this but drew a blank. Then I remembered the old Revell Bf 110 in 1/32 scale and seem to think that that featured some kind of nose art. It was around the time that their box art was a photo of the finished model in a flying scenario and I seem sure that it was wearing the nose art that you mention. I might be completely wrong of course, but there is a bell ringing somewhere in the dusty space that is my memory!
I hope this might have helped in some way.

Harri.
BigTon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
District of Columbia, United States
KitMaker: 102 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 15, 2005 - 04:23 PM UTC
Hey Sean-

I seem to remember the model you speak of, but like you I can't for the life of me remember where I saw it...

I just did a quick search a squadron.com and they have a Revell Germany bf-110 G-2/R3. The box art doesn't show a wolf's head, but that doesn't mean it isn't a decal option in the kit... and it may be worth a trip to your local shop to see if they have one.

http://www.squadron.com/ItemDetails.asp?item=RG4530

Good luck with your search

-scott
BigTon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
District of Columbia, United States
KitMaker: 102 posts
Posted: Monday, March 07, 2005 - 04:05 PM UTC
Hey Jakkels-

I decided to try one more search for that wolfs-head Me-110.

I didn't find a kit but i did find this aftermarket decal sheet from Superscale that appears to have it....hope this helps.

-Scott

http://modelingmadness.com/scotts/decals/super/ss48768.htm
 _GOTOTOP