_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
MH-60L DAP in progress
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 - 01:05 PM UTC
Here are a few shots of my MH-60L DAP in progress. So far I have the cabin and cockpit just about done. Just need to add crew gear and a few little items. I used the Cobra Company MH/HH-60 update set for the great center console and gunners consoles in the rear and the CC M230 30mm cannon is going on the starboard side ESS wing. The hardware on the roof is the control boxes for the M230 and a scratch-built Fast Rope rig. Enjoy.

More to follow as it goes along.
Gunfighter
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 743 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 - 01:49 PM UTC
HeavyArty - looks great so far! I for one will be closely following your build as I've got the DAP in my stash and I've been itching to build it.

How's the fit of the Cobra parts? I've been eyeing those up and haven't heard much about their actual installation. They sure look good once built, though.
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
Posted: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 - 02:12 PM UTC

Quoted Text

How's the fit of the Cobra parts? I've been eyeing those up and haven't heard much about their actual installation. They sure look good once built, though.

The CC parts are great. Minimal cleanup and they fit perfectly. I highly recommend them.
melon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 347 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 - 04:36 PM UTC
Gino,

BRAVO.

Melon
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
Posted: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 - 05:05 PM UTC
Thanks Melon.

I should have some paint on it tomorrow and I'll post some new pics once done.
USArmy2534
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,716 posts
AeroScale: 246 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2005 - 06:57 AM UTC
Simply amazing. Your fast rope rig looks like a perfect resin piece. And the details on the control boxes are so insert complement of choice. Were the anti-skid strips molded in or did you make them?

Jeff
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2005 - 07:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Simply amazing. Your fast rope rig looks like a perfect resin piece. And the details on the control boxes are so insert complement of choice. Were the anti-skid strips molded in or did you make them?

Jeff

Jeff, no, all the items you mentioned are scratch(minus control boxes from CC set). The Fastrope rig is plastic rod and square stock with other small details such as Grandt Line bolts and small rings and sheet brass. The non-slip strips were done by taping off sections of the floor and spraying the area with a thick coat of black paint. Remove tape and you have raised non-slip strips.

Thanks for the compliments. More to come soon.
 _GOTOTOP