_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
New improved inlets on UH60L's in theatre
ChrisCarney
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 88 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 15, 2005 - 10:08 PM UTC
I've posted some new pictures of the Improved inlets being installed on UH60's here in the Iraqi theatre. They are suppose to help filter the amount of sand, dirt and debris injested into the engines. I hope some of you rotorheads out there feel like using these on one of your projects. I would love to see how they turn out. If you need more for reference, please let me know. Happy modeling. Chris

HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2005 - 03:00 AM UTC
Look interresting. I saw those here at the NTC on a rotational unit's birds a few months ago. First time I have seen them anywhere else.
USArmy2534
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,716 posts
AeroScale: 246 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2005 - 06:49 AM UTC
Interesting. Is it just UH-60Ls or are they fielding them on MH-60s and other UH-60s?

Jeff
ChrisCarney
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 88 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 - 04:49 PM UTC
Jeff, I'm not sure, but will check on it for you. We have alot of "A" models here and none so far have them installed. As for the MH's, I'll have to go and see about those. We have some here also, but you have to know the "Secret Mickey Handshake" if you know what I mean. My guess would be yes, as these guys love all the nice little "do dads" on their aircraft if it will improve it's performance. But again, I'll find out for you. Thanks.

Chris
 _GOTOTOP