_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
nose art WWII Borneo region
HONEYCUT
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 4,002 posts
AeroScale: 10 posts
Posted: Monday, February 28, 2005 - 05:20 PM UTC
Hey lads! Have zipped across from armour modelling to ask if anyone is interested in viewing some original 40s photos of:
Kittyhawk with nose art "OldCrow", P-47s with nose art "Sleepy time gal" and "Passionate Patsy" and close ups of artwork on bombers of which type my knowledge doesn't lend itself to... including: "Lady Luck" "Two Time" "Updraft" "Sunsetter" etc.
There are other photos including a graveyard of US bombers, downed Japanese bomber, and others that appear to show the Japanese surrender in Borneo maybe? Would these be of interest to anyone, or can anyone help me identify the planes and locations maybe?
Some help on how I can post these photos here would be of help, as I'm kinda new to uploading photos...
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 2,412 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, February 28, 2005 - 06:06 PM UTC
go to your gallery, and clique on upload pictures, i htink it is... then clique on browse and browse on your pc to fin the file.. clique submit... dont forget the downloading size limit... then once your pic is uploaded, cliqon on the icon of it and it will become larger, below it is a copy button, then past it in the forum

Frank
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 01, 2005 - 07:11 AM UTC
Hi Bradley,
I'm sure that we are all interested in the pics, are they copyright? Are they yours? We have a nose art and reference picture sections If I can see these pics and assuming they are not copyright I could upload them to the relevent sites. This way you wouldn't incure the loss of gallery space and we would have the pictures in a permanent gallery.
Pm me if you would like to discuss this further
Mal
BigTon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
District of Columbia, United States
KitMaker: 102 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 01, 2005 - 01:22 PM UTC
Hey Bradley-
I'm cuious about your photo's of Two-Time... My grandfather served as a bombardier on that bird when he was in the 394th.

Any details about what shots you have would be great.
-scott
HONEYCUT
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 4,002 posts
AeroScale: 10 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 01, 2005 - 05:45 PM UTC
Hey Bigton! Thanks for the reply. I have a single original photo of "Two-Time". The bomber has a metallic finish with the words seperated by a set of lips, and to the right a poster gal sitting with high heels etc. Below this to the right is the name "Sgt. V.P. Allan"... Look, I will follow the instructions I was given to post these photos and see if I'm successful...
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 - 09:07 AM UTC
Got your PM Bradley, I will reply when I have a little more time, I'm a little tied up at the moment.
Mal
BigTon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
District of Columbia, United States
KitMaker: 102 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 - 12:45 PM UTC
Yep...that's her alright!

She was flown in the 13th USAAF, 5th Heavy Bomber Group, the Bomber Barons. Many of the planes in the group rotated through the various squadrons. I believe Two-Time was flown in the 72nd and my grandfather's squadron the 394th.

I'm excited to see the pix... I've already built a model of one of the planes he flew in (Red Headed Woman) I gave it to him for Veterans Day. Maybe now I'll have to build Two-Time for me.

I look forward to seeing what you have, the more reference photo's the better!

Cheers!

-scott
 _GOTOTOP