_GOTOBOTTOM
Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
Capture Aidid - Little Bird kit?
Martinnnn
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 5,435 posts
AeroScale: 32 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 05, 2005 - 04:37 AM UTC
Hi all,

I haven't done aircraft for a long long time (although I started modelling with aircraft) but soon I'll probably do one again, for the capture aidid campaign.

I wanted to do a Little bird gunship, used for fire support in Somalia, 1993 (we all know the from Black Hawk Down)

Is this a good kit for such a build?

And does anyone have any usefull tips I should keep in mind while building aircraft?

Greetings from an ex-aircraft builder
Mech-Maniac
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 2,240 posts
AeroScale: 53 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 05, 2005 - 05:35 AM UTC
Not an aircraft expert by any means, but I know that the NIght stalkers were the ones in Somalia and I know they did use the AH-6 Littlebird
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 05, 2005 - 05:40 AM UTC
Yes, the DML AH-6J Littlebird is the aircraft used by 160 SOAR in Somalia during Operation Gothic Serpent (Blackhawk Down) for fire support. For a MH-6J MELB (Mission Enhanced LittleBird) with troop planks, you need to get the Cobra Company MELB Conversion.

Here is how mine came out.
MH-6J MELB

Martinnnn
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 5,435 posts
AeroScale: 32 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 05, 2005 - 06:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Yes, the DML AH-6J Littlebird is the aircraft used by 160 SOAR in Somalia during Operation Gothic Serpent (Blackhawk Down) for fire support. For a MH-6J MELB (Mission Enhanced LittleBird) with troop planks, you need to get the Cobra Company MELB Conversion.

Here is how mine came out.
MH-6J MELB

Hey that's a pretty cool model you've got there mate, nice work!

Ok thanks for the info. If I find the money for it somewhere, I'll buy this kit!

Martin
 _GOTOTOP