_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Kagero books
Panzerfist
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Santarem, Portugal
KitMaker: 14 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 06, 2005 - 06:18 AM UTC
Hello friends,
How the Kagero aviation serie books worth
The JG1 book worth reading And the other title books are good
Best regards,
Panzerfist
jimbrae
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
AeroScale: 291 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 06, 2005 - 06:26 AM UTC
As the only Kagero books I own are some titles in the armor series' then I can only comment that this is an editorial which takes their work very seriously.. I have no reason to thnk that the Aviation series will be of any lesser quality - the ones I have seen are truly superb! At the prices they charge for them, how can you go wrong?..Jim
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 06, 2005 - 11:14 AM UTC
Hi there Panzerfist

I've got about a 1/2 dozen Kagero aviation unit histories - including 2 volumes on JG1.

I really like them. The bi-lingual text is well written and there are plenty of useful photos, backed up by excellent artwork.

Some of the books have small etched-metal frets or bookmarks with colour samples on, but I tend to go for volumes with decal sheets, which offer some very attractive schemes. These are printed by Techmod and are excellent quality, although a little care is needed applying them.

If you go to the Reviews section and type Kagero in the "Jump to MFG/Vendor" window, you'll find reviews of several titles.

Hope this helps

Rowan
FalkeEins
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 868 posts
AeroScale: 690 posts
Posted: Monday, March 07, 2005 - 08:40 AM UTC

Hi guys,

..thanks for the vote of confidence in the Kagero aviation series...I've worked as proof-reader, checker, corrector & translator on the last 20 or so titles, with the aim of making them as 'readable' as possible..the JG 1 books aren't mine but more recent titles like JG 11 are...the Luftwaffe titles are generally based on expensive hard-to-get German language titles or other obscure German sources and I reckon with the superb artwork and added 'extras' like the decal sheets you can't really go wrong for the money....just finished up volume II of the new Junkers 88 series today as it happens..
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Monday, March 07, 2005 - 09:02 AM UTC
Hi FalkeEins

Welcome to Armorama - it's great to have you with us!

I just ran to check the bookshelves, but of course JG11 is one of the volumes I'm missing! LOL

It's really neat to hear the inside story - keep us up to date with what kagero have in the pipeline.

All the best

Rowan
FalkeEins
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 868 posts
AeroScale: 690 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 13, 2005 - 07:41 AM UTC
cheers Rowan,

..look out for another Fw 190 monograph devoted to Schlachtflieger due shortly....
Littorio
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
AeroScale: 1,351 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 09:39 AM UTC
Panzerfist

The Kagero books are very good, I have the Fw-190 set with decals in two scales lots of information, just confused by the release of volume 4 after 1 then 2?
Also have one of the smaller books on NFS 421 which comes with a paint chip, these books are so meant for the modeller.

Luciano
 _GOTOTOP