_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II: USA
Aircraft of the United States in WWII.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
best 1/72 F4U-1D? Thoughts on 1/32 Corsairs?
sphyrna
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 379 posts
AeroScale: 39 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2005 - 06:23 PM UTC
Any suggestions on who makes the best (best fit, detail, recessed panel lines...) 1/72 F4U Corsair?

Also , any thoughts on the Revell 1/32 Corsair?
How about the Trumpeter 1/32 Corsair?

Thanks for any info!

Peter
Gunfighter
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 743 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, March 11, 2005 - 12:36 AM UTC
Peter,

Regarding the 1/32 Corsairs. From what I've read, the Revell Corsair is very dated, not the best fit or accuracy. The general consensus is that it was good for its time, but doesn't really hold up well to the current standards and will require a lot of work to really make it stand out.

The Trumpeter kits are fairly well received. A few inaccuracies, but solid kits overall. I have the F4U-4 in the stash right now and it looks like it'll be a fun build.

For lots of specifics, please take a look at http://www.largescaleplanes.com/ in both the Review and Articles section. They have a review of the Trumpeter kits and lots of build articles on the Revell.
anibalgo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Metropolitana de Santiago, Chile
KitMaker: 2 posts
AeroScale: 1 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 05:02 PM UTC
There are many good 1/72 F4U around. I´ve built Hasegawa, Academy and Tamiya.
To my own, the ranking must be:
1.- Tamiya, (good general outline, superb exterior and interior details, nice fit, and so on)
2.- Hasegawa: (if you want a good outline, but and old kit, poor details)
3.- Academy: (recceced panel lines but a less good outline, good landing gear details).

Forget other kits.

Best regards.
CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,117 posts
AeroScale: 2,270 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 25, 2007 - 08:41 AM UTC
I have 3 of Trumpeters 1/32 kits. The P-47, Me 262 and the TBF. They look fantastic, and I can't wait to get to them. I built the 1/24 Me 109G-2. Fit and detail are absolutely fantastic. It was great. I plan on getting the Corsair real soon. If it is anything like the other kits I have, I will not be disapointed.

I don't do 1/72 kits because my eyes are not as good as they used to be.

If you can afford the Trumpeter kits, want a build that will challenge you (in a good way), and have room to display them, I reccomend them highly.
 _GOTOTOP