_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
dornier 19 / alternate history
almonkey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,124 posts
AeroScale: 788 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 12, 2005 - 11:53 PM UTC
im reading a briliant book called luftwaffe victorious, its an alternate history scenario that starts with goering getting killed early on in the battle of britain,and what might have happened in that battle as a result.part of this is that the germans built a true strategic bomber, the dornier 19, now was this a "paper" airplane or was a prototype built? the book has line drawings and in the photo pages theres an aircraft pictured head on which is captioned as a do 19 landing, but on closer inspection is a B 17(you can see the stars under the wing!) and the most important thing, is it available as a kit?
almonkey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, March 13, 2005 - 12:10 AM UTC
nothing like answering your own questions is there! i shuold have had a scout around t'internet before i posted this. ive found a few pics and info about it, looks kind of like a stirling i think. but the important question still is, is it available as a kit![IMG]http://gallery.kitmaker.net/data/500/2310Do19.jpg [/IMGhttp://gallery.kitmaker.net/data/500/6179Afbeelding_0031.jpg]
jetprovost
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 111 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 13, 2005 - 01:01 AM UTC
Hi Phil,
The Do 19 prototype first flew on 30th October 1936 from an airfield at Lowental near Friedrichshafen.

As far as I know I don't think there are any kits available of this aircraft.

Harri
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 13, 2005 - 01:09 AM UTC
Phil, just done a little bit of alteration to your image tags, as there were bits missing.

Mal
EDIT: Nice, but what's with the figure? :-)
almonkey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, March 13, 2005 - 01:32 AM UTC
i think i m showing off my computer skills again! i think i clicked on twice in the gallery and caught the figure as well, nice though isnt it ? shame i have no idea whose it is! p.s. out last night till 1-30 am could have somthing to do with it
 _GOTOTOP