_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
TriMaster Me-262A-1a/Jabo
procrazzy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 359 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 01:31 AM UTC
I bought a TriMaster Me-262A-1a/Jabo off ebay.........................for only £22 ($41)!!
I knew that TriMaster kits came with metal parts, but ihad never seen PE before. I opened the box and there was the usual injection moulded plastic in sealed bags. Instruction sheet is printed in blacks, greys and blues, and it also comes with a seperate sheet for the diffrent camo and decal schemes. The aircraft specs and history is quite good and it also comes with a short histoy and specs for the R4M 'Orkan' air-to-air rockets. The decal sheet is for 2 aircraft. One is III./EJG 2 and the other is from 11./JG7. Decals look quite good with many stencils and walkways.
the plastic is srisply moulded in light grey plastic with 5opaque sprues and one clear sprue. There is some flash on some of the smaller peices but nothing that can't be cured. the plastic is fairly well detailed.
Now here comes the good part, the metal and rubber bits. thease are packaged seprately (presumably for protection) from the plastic pieces in a small blue box that fits inside of the main box. It contians:
2 PE stainless steel frets.
Some wire and some brass tubing.
3 rubber tyres.
5 small bags containing the white-metal pieces. There are a total of 24 white-metal pieces.
I thnk this was a bargain and hopefully i do it proud.
Have any of you built this kit, and if so, what do you think of it?

chers

Philip
Pixilater
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 231 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 06:43 AM UTC
It's my favorite aircraft model of all time. It's not a "shake-the-box" kit, however. Every part needs to be dryfitted and sometimes trimmed. Stainless steel PE is more difficult to remove from the fret and bend into shape. The level of detail in this kit is unmatched, in my opinion.
The areas requiring the most work are attaching the cockpit and wheel bay to the fuselage, and the engines to the wings. The tail also needs to be thinned a bit. I'm currently working on my 13th & 14th builds of this kit. I have many pics of the way I deal with these issues. I can email them to you, if you wish.
Here are some pics of my last completed one:
http://s96920072.onlinehome.us/Gal4/3001-3100/Gal3017_Me-262_Lachance/gal3017.htm

Hope this helps !
procrazzy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 07:26 AM UTC
Those pics would be useful, i wil give you my email via PM.

cheers

Philip
USArmy2534
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,716 posts
AeroScale: 246 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 08:07 AM UTC
Sweet. Take pics and write up a review. I am sure all would like to read it.

Jeff
procrazzy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 08:33 AM UTC
When i build it (after i finish my Typhoon and He-177) shall i leave the gun cowlings off to display all the beautiful detail?

cheers

Philip
 _GOTOTOP