_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
ProModeler Ta 154 coming together
Pixilater
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 231 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2005 - 06:24 AM UTC
Here are a couple pics of my 1/48 ProModeler Ta 154 build from my "Fly by Night" project (3 Luftwaffe nightfighters).
The cockpit, especially with the Eduard PE, is a tight squeeze into the fuselage. The fuselage halves have no alignment pins, so I glued it with Tenax a little at a time. I needed shims when I attached the engine nacelles. One at the rear on the top wing, and the other between the lower outer wing panel. If you don't add the shim on the bottom, the outer wings will droop. You can see this in the pics on the bottom of the box. I also had to trim the wing tabs to get a flush fit with the fuselage. I still needed filler (CA) on the tops of the seams.
The instrument panel coaming is PE, and I added the padding from solder. You can see that the wiring on the back of the instrument panel will be visible on the finished build.
The nose cone is temporarily glued for painting, and the engine cowlings are dryfitted. The prop on the left engine moved the cowl ring. These fit tightly enough to be held on while painting.

When it comes time to paint all three, I'll probably go through my whole new bottle of RLM 76 !

Thanks for letting me share the progress with you.
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2005 - 06:38 AM UTC
Hi Bill

That's looking very nice! I've got a few of these stashed away. Revell were flogging them for less than £10 some time back - silly money for such a nice kit.

I'm always planning to do a conversion to a 'B or 'C one day - the raised canopy looks so neat!

All the best

Rowan
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2005 - 10:10 AM UTC
Very neat Bill, I also have the Revell boxing of this and as I'm trying to do more twins this year I might get around to doing this. Especially as I'll have this for a reference
Mal
saltydog
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 44 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2005 - 04:26 PM UTC
she's lookin' mighty fine Bill!! i just watched a hour long show on the military channel the other night on this cool lookin' bird. after the show, i browsed the squadron web page to see if they had one..........to no avail. glad to know that PM has one, i'll keep my eyes peeled for it. i would also love to build a Me410, and a He129. WWII German aircraft is a dream to a modeller eh? i love all the unique camo schemes they came up with!! can't wait to see this one finished. thanks for sharing. later.
 _GOTOTOP