Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2005 - 11:55 PM UTC
I have finally been able to upload some more progress pics to my online build FW190D-9
Sorry for the delay Philip, I have been having problems taking pics, then the gallery was down. I will add more soon, the wings are on and it will soon be time for paint. Take a look at the fitting of the rear deck and the head rest. Does this indicate why your canopy didn'y sit quite right?
Mal
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 12:15 AM UTC
Hi Mal

That's a great set of pics - you've done a fantastic job helping people with this illustrated build!

All the best

Rowan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 2,412 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 03:18 AM UTC
Great pics mal! thanks for sharin!

Frank
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 10:52 AM UTC
I like doing them, but it does add to the build time as I sometimes have to wait to be able to photograph a stage before being able to go on. Or as in this case taking pics several times just to get one that is usable. Because the idea of this build is to guid the novice I am finding I have to show more steps. It does prove though that the more you build the more stuff you just do without thinking about it. The wings are on and the seams filled now and just having wrote that I've realised that I didn't take pics throughout the sequence of filling, Doe!!
The other 3 Mosquito, Lysander and Val have taken a bit of a back seat but they have not been forgotten. They will be taken to the Doncaster show and I will try and work on them, along with my Liberator on the Armorama stand
While we are on the subject of online builds does anyone have a preference of what should join the others:
1. Heinkel He 219 (with Aires cockpit)
2. Mitsubishi Betty (OOB)
3. Bristol Beaufighter (with aires cockpit)
4. P-51 (OOB, NMF)
5. P-47 (OOB, NMF)
6. Starfighter (Aires cockpit, undercarriage bays and burner can, NMF)
7. Dornier Do335 (with Aires cockpit)
Mal
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 11:49 PM UTC
Although not included in the list I'm seriously considering doing the Revell Ju 52/3m, just need the CMK engines, I have the Aires cockpit. What do you think?
Mal
 _GOTOTOP