_GOTOBOTTOM
Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
Proposed campaign?
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
AeroScale: 1,164 posts
Posted: Monday, March 28, 2005 - 02:54 PM UTC
I just acquired about 5 or 6 of the Monogram P-47's (1/48) I was curious if anybody would like to partake in an OOB fun build/campiagn of this kit. Any markings, any paint scheme. Only stipulation is that it has to be strictly OOB. I know its not the Hasegawa or Tamiya, but this is what I started on as a kid. Lots of fond memories here. Any takers? Start and end date to be determined if I get enough takers. Thaks for looking. "Q"

As an after thought I have also tossed the idea around for just Monogram kits. The older stuff, not the Hasegawa re-boxes. Some great airplanes there. Anyway, let me know. Thanks-
Puma112
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 322 posts
AeroScale: 44 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 02:26 AM UTC
I would not mind, but it would have to be much later in the year. I am maxed out for the summer and I think fall might be a good time to look at. You could also add P-38's to this and call it something like thunderbolts and lightings? Just a thought.

Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 02:29 AM UTC
Puma, thanks for the response. I was beginning to wonder if I was alone in this. I feel ya on the timeline. It would probably be late in the year maybe even early next year for a finish date. I like the idea of 38's and 47's. Hopefully some more folks will give it some thought. Thanks again. "Q"
BigTon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
District of Columbia, United States
KitMaker: 102 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 03:28 AM UTC
Hey Red-
I'd be interested but I don't normally build in the 1/48th scale...

I do have a revell p-47 in 1/72...can I play too can I, can I? hehehe. I know the origion of this GB comes from your fond memories of the Monogram kit (and your massive inventory, you lucky dog) but if you could stretch the criteria a little I'd love to join in.

-Scott
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 09:18 AM UTC
BigTon, too easy. Any scale, any markings, any paint scheme. I don't care. As long as it is from the old Monogram family and its OOB. I like Pumas idea about throwing some P-38's in the mix and calling it Thunderbolts and Lightning. Whadda ya' think? Ok, so far its three of us. IF all else fails, I say whoever wants to build one, do so, and keep the others abreast of their progress with some pics etc. Any otyher takers? "Q"
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 02:57 AM UTC
Well, guys, I have given it three days and nobody else seems to be interested. I am going to build one regardless. If you guys want to follow suit, have at it. You can look for pics of mine once I get it complete. Thanks for your responses. "Q"
Snowhand
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,066 posts
AeroScale: 31 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 08:16 AM UTC
I have seen this somewhere else, but hey, it might work here too:

Call it: Under the weather...

build planes that have names that may have to do with weather phenomena... like Hurricane, Lightning, Thunderbolt, Tempest, Raiden.. you get the picture.

You could add that they have to be monogram.. I might built that thunderchief I still have stashed somewhere...
 _GOTOTOP