_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Finemolds 1/72 Bf 109F-2 II.JG/54
CPTKelley
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 206 posts
AeroScale: 115 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 11:37 PM UTC
This is a very fun kit! Fit is a lot like Hasegawa. Cockpit details pretty anemic...dropped in a True Details resin set (made for Hasegawa), fit nearly perfect. You'll have to cut the back "shelf" off of the kit piece though. I also stuck in some fine wires to emulate the coolant hoses. Interesting camo scheme decals, but the colors are a bit dark in my opinion....so I air brushed it with Gunze-Sangyo acrylics. RLM 02/70/78. I've got the F-4 on the pile as well, and I'm considerering a Mistel project. Hope you enjoy these pics!
P.S. Don't goof on the plank hardstand....it's obviously not permanent!!
Best Regards,
JK

ThorsHammer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 112 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 12:56 AM UTC
The 109 looks great! I really like how oyu have the doors open so you can see the engine. I agree the camo scheme is a bit dark, but I like it none the less. Looks like I am going to have to pick me up one of these! :-)
CPTKelley
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 206 posts
AeroScale: 115 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 08:32 AM UTC
Thanks for the kind words, Jared...! The dark camo scheme I was referring to were the decals provided in the kit. They actually provide panels for the entire A/C in the above-noted pattern (!). The colors I airbrushed on are pretty much spot-on the money. The bulbs I used were 100W "daylight bulbs as well (someone always suggests those!).
The cowling panels are seperate parts that can be left closed or open, and the engine detail (except for the wwires I mentioned earlier) are molded into the fuselage halves. Really pretty well-done by Finemolds, I think!. It was a lot of fun, and didn't take but five days. Now go get one!!

JK
 _GOTOTOP