Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Zero type 22 pics
crockett
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 370 posts
AeroScale: 60 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 05:49 AM UTC
The Hasegawa 1/48th type 22, based at Rabaul. Finish is Tamiya acrylic, built OOB.

Thanks for looking,

Steve

Martinnnn
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 5,435 posts
AeroScale: 32 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 06:15 AM UTC
Hi mate,

Nice and clean build. I like some more weathering, but it looks great already without it!

I really got to start building aircraft again! :-)

Martin
Martinnnn
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 5,435 posts
AeroScale: 32 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 06:17 AM UTC
Hi mate,

Nice and clean build. I like some more weathering, but it looks great already without it!

I really got to start building aircraft again! :-)

Martin
warvos
_VISITCOMMUNITY
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 350 posts
AeroScale: 24 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 07:01 AM UTC
Steve

Nice work on the camoscheme!!
Something here tells me this is'nt your first aircraft.

I would however agree with Martin that a little heavier weathering would be a nice touch. for example some more paintchipping on the engine cover and closer to the cockpit.
A little drybrushing would also bring out the panel lines on the model (if they are raised).

Overall, very nice and clean built, and a great attribute to any modelcollection.
Keep up the nice work and show us more pics.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 07:17 AM UTC
Nice one Steve, interesting colour scheme, what paints and decals did you use? What did you use for the antenna wire?
Mal
crockett
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 370 posts
AeroScale: 60 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 07:44 AM UTC
Thanks for the feedback!

Gentlemen, you might as well get used to it, I'm not a fan of the "weathering" club when it comes to aircraft. My weathering is subtle by intent and is my preference. Just my way, not necessarily yours. I respect all representations, weathered heavily or not at all. There is an exception to my rule however. If the aircraft is to be used in a Dio or Vignette, then I will apply the appropriate wear and tear.

Tamiya acrylics all the way around Mal, IJN gray, IJN cockpit green and Olive green appropriately thinned.
Kit decals, with the exception of the tail marking, which was appropriated (pieced together, to reflect the correct shotai) from a tamiya kit.

This was the last Zero (out of four known) flown by
Junichi Sasai, (squadron mate of Saburo Sakai) who arrived at Rabaul in April of '42.
By August 26th, he had scored at least 27 victories, but his career ended on that day, when he led eight other Zeros to Guadalcanal and engaged 15 F4F's. He never returned, and it is believed he met his fate in this aircraft at the hands of USMC ace, Marion Carl. (Maru magazine).

Steve
 _GOTOTOP