_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Israeli MH-60G
Recon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,571 posts
AeroScale: 109 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 17, 2005 - 12:04 AM UTC
Gentlemen:

I am going to be building a MH-60G Pavehawk in Israeli colors. I have several questions:
1) what color is the interior?
2) who makes decals for this bird?
3) what is the weapons loads and did they carry the external wing tanks?
Thanks
Recon

ps
Does anyone make aftermarker detailing parts for this bird?
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 17, 2005 - 02:04 AM UTC
I don't think Isreal uses the MH-60G version. I have only seen UH-60A/L (standard Blackhawk) models in Israeli service. For colors, they are the same Helo Drab that US Army uses on the exterior, interior is same shades of gray as a standard UH-60, with whole cockpit area (forward of pillar behind pilots' seats) flat black. For AM sets, what scale are you planning? Cobra Company makes upgrade sets in both 1/48 and 1/35. Eduard also does a 1/35 Interior and Exterior PE set as well. I think they do them in all scales. For decals, the Italeri (Academy rebox) 1/35 UH-60A model comes with a decals for an Israeli bird. For other scales, not sure of who makes them, but they are out there. You could check Two Bobs Aviation Graphics, they seem to have whatever you need.

Here is how they look, Israeli UH-60A/L:

According to this website, Israeli UH-60 Blackhawk (Yanshuf)
, they have two squadrons of UH-60Ls modified to Israeli standard...

"During the course of 1997 Israel ordered its first newly built Blackhawks, 15 S-70A-50s built under a Foreign Military Sale agreement between the US Army and the IAF in a contract worth $180 million to Sikorsky. The S-70A-50 is similiar in configuration to the standrard US Army UH-60L configuration, Israeli modifications including locally built communication and ECM systems and an HH-60G rescue hoist...
In early 1999 the IAF begun a major improvement program of the new UH-60Ls, equipping the 15 aircraft with in-flight refuelling probes and shoulder-mounted fuel tanks which allow easy access to the cabin and the use of cabin-mounted machine guns. The first upgraded Yanshuf-2 prototype underwent the conversion during late 1999 and took to the air for the first time during early 2000."

Can't find any pics of standard ESSS wings, fuel tanks or refueling probes installed on Israeli blackhawks though.

Only found this one with MH-60K-style, upswept, ESSS wings and tanks on it, no refueling probe.

They also tested a desert camo paint sheme.

"Modifications were also made to the older UH-60As, including the installation of new communication, ECM, navigation, night vision and rescue systems. The summer of 2000 also saw the IAF apply a new desert camouflague scheme to several UH-60As (as well as several AH-64A Apaches) in order to evaluate the possibility of making the normally dark green aircraft harder to detect during daylight operations. Although the results were said to be positive, this scheme appears to be no longer in use."

Test Desert scheme;

As of 2002, they had 2 squadrons,
"The IAF is due to open a second Blackhawk squadron during the second half of 2002 when yet more newly built UH-60Ls are to arrive in Israel."

Hope that helps.
Recon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,571 posts
AeroScale: 109 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 17, 2005 - 02:15 AM UTC
I was going to use the Academy 1/35. This is the only helo I have and I thought I saw a picture of one on this version but maybe I was wrong.
It could always be "what if".
Thanks for all of the info I really appreciate it.
Recon
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 17, 2005 - 02:20 AM UTC
All the parts, minus rear troop seats are in the MH-60G kit to make a standard UH-60L. You could still build it as a standard Israeli UH-60L. Send me an email ([email protected]) and I can give you an article on converting the MH-60G model back to a UH-60L.
 _GOTOTOP