Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Monday, September 30, 2002 - 05:13 PM UTC
One of the 32 kits I am in the process of building (see my post "Hi everybody") is the Revell 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf 110G-2. One of the reasons I am stuck on this kit is because I am unable to identify part 220 side panel in step 13, canopy assembly. It appears to have 2 lights on its outside face, which show through the port side of the canopy. I assume they are some form of identification system and therefor would probably be different colours. If I am correct then it is the colours of these lights that I need to know. I cannot find the item in any reference and it isn't mentioned in any review that I have read. Any help would be much appreciated.
BlueBear
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 414 posts
AeroScale: 60 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2002 - 07:08 PM UTC
Just a guess, but it might be firing ports for flare pistol flares, used to signal when radios were out or under radio silence.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2002 - 12:22 AM UTC
Thanks for the imput BlueBear and a good idea but the item is contained behind the canopy glass. There are 2 circular indentations with convex centres, looking like light lenses, moulded into the outside face, and a box with switches on on the inside.

Thanks again BlueBear
 _GOTOTOP