_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Results MOM April
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2005 - 10:18 PM UTC
First of all Guys and Gal, thank you to those who took the time to vote and a double thank you for conforming to my request to keep it simple, it certainly helped me count the votes.
It was interesting how the votes for 1st choice changed through the course of the voting it looked at first as if Pixilater was running away with it. The vote then seem to switch to me and then to Wingman.

The most number of 1st choice votes went to Wingman with 10 (30 points).
The most number of 2nd choice votes went to Holdfast with 10 (20 points).
The most number of 3rd choice votes went to Pixilater with 5 (5 points)

In total 26 members cast a vote and the results are:
8th= LordQ and Jetprovost 4 points
7th ModelGuy 5 points
6th Newtothegame 6 points
5th OllieC-FWOL 10 points
4th CaptKelly 12 points
3rd Pixilater 33 points
2nd Wingman 37 points
1st Holdfast 42 points

Well it looks like my tactic of entering a similar aircraft to the one that won last month (Stuka) paid off. So is someone going to enter a Stuka this month? I have none left
It was a surprise to me that Pixilater's entry only came third. As it was that I managed, just, to beat Wingmans wonderful Corsair which was presented on a very nice base as well. This brings up the question, do voters take the time to read about what went into producing the model? How many noticed that Modelguy's entry was scratch built? Or that Jetprovost and CaptKelly's entries were 1/72. Do entries do better if they are on a base or in a diorama?
The criterion for voting is yours and I think this makes it more interesting.
Thanks again for voting, look out for The MOM for May, the voting for that will start on 15/16th. We my have a new system in place for then
Mal
brandydoguk
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,495 posts
AeroScale: 643 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2005 - 10:50 PM UTC
Congratulations Mal, well deserved.

Quoted Text

This brings up the question, do voters take the time to read about what went into producing the model? How many noticed that Modelguy's entry was scratch built? Or that Jetprovost and CaptKelly's entries were 1/72. Do entries do better if they are on a base or in a diorama?

My criteria for voting is how near to my idea of the real aircraft does the model look? Maybe a kit set on a base would influence me if there are two that I think would get my vote for 1st place.
OllieC-FWOL
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 446 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 01, 2005 - 01:29 AM UTC
Congrats Mal!

Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, May 06, 2005 - 08:39 AM UTC
Bump
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Friday, May 06, 2005 - 10:16 AM UTC
Hi Mal

Congratulations and well done in counting all the votes and giving such a thorough breakdown.

Thanks and congratulations too for everyone who submitted entries and, of course, all those who took the time to vote.

What a quandary... Should I enter this month's MoM? I don't have Ju87 finished yet!...

All the best

Rowan
wingman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 880 posts
AeroScale: 654 posts
Posted: Friday, May 06, 2005 - 11:10 AM UTC
Hi guys. Congrats Mal. Superb Stuka. I'm going to be entering another one of those for MOM. The color scheme will be a bit different this time,Wingman out.
lestweforget
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 2,832 posts
AeroScale: 224 posts
Posted: Friday, May 06, 2005 - 11:37 AM UTC
Good on ya Mal
You deserved it!
Cheers
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, May 07, 2005 - 05:28 AM UTC
Thanks guys, I must admit to being a little embarrassed by the result and counting several times to make sure I had got it right. From the number of firsts that Wingman got I was expecting him to win, but my seconds plus a few firsts was just enough.
I must admit the voting system does make for an interesting result.
I think it will be a good thing to encourage voters to checkout what goes into the entries.
I would like to make a point of highlighting the smaller scale models that were entered, they were particularly well done.
Mal
capnjock
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 860 posts
AeroScale: 75 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 08, 2005 - 02:58 AM UTC
Well, I really hate to say this,but, I do not read the stuff about a model usually. The visual impact is really what attracts me. However, I do read build articles very closely. A bit strange? Could be. I guess I just like to drool over really well done models. And you guys make many, many models to enjoy.
capnjock

p.s. Do you really expect me to try and select one model that I think is best? Never happen! They are all good!
capnjock
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 1,941 posts
AeroScale: 1,040 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2005 - 11:28 AM UTC
Congrats Mal. Welldone !
 _GOTOTOP