_GOTOBOTTOM
Pre-Flight Check
Constructive critique of your finished or in-progress photos.
IL-2 stormovik
otto
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Baden-Württemberg, Germany
KitMaker: 72 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 - 02:09 PM UTC
Accurate miniatures IL-2 stormovik on skis......Current work in progress..... let me know what you think I should do to it!!! Should I keep doing tanks and forget about the planes?? Be honest.... Thanks in advance....Otto :-) http://groups.msn.com/armorama/ottosplanes.msnw?albumlist=2
Envar
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 1,088 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 - 05:43 PM UTC
As far as I can see the cockpit looks very good! I bet those strange colours of Russian plane interiors are difficult to get right...
What kind of camo were you thinking? Sturmos had very nice and different camos, including the white winter camo . For some reason all the Sturmovik models I´ve seen have been beaten up, full of chipped paint, oil stains, RUST... I don´t know about the history too much but most of the time you can tell when the wear is too heavy. Maybe it´s a trend thing?
Whatever camo scheme you will choose, I suggest to go subtle with the weathering. It would be nice to see one Sturmovik that looks more than just a piece of junk!

BTW, what´s the scale of this beauty? 1:48?

Keep up the good work, now I gotta go to play some IL-2 Sturmovik!

Toni
ArmouredSprue
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 1,958 posts
AeroScale: 116 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 - 02:40 AM UTC
I bought one of this model a few weeks ago, but from Eduard and in 1/72 scale.
The model looks good so far!
Tell us what camo scheme would you like to do, I planning mine on a white winter scheme...
Cheers
otto
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Baden-Württemberg, Germany
KitMaker: 72 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 - 04:26 AM UTC
I am planning on doing mine in a winter scheme as well.......maybe even have someone rewhite-washing it. It is 1/48 scale. I truly love accurate miniatures kits....... they are dollar for dollar the best kits on the market.....(esp. since I got this kit and the Yak 1 kit for $9.99 each!!!! :-) ) Thanks for the feedback!!!! Otto :-)
Tin_Can
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,560 posts
AeroScale: 750 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 - 06:30 AM UTC
Otto, what are you thinking? You have no business doing a/c. You should immediately take this thing out to the garbage can and set it on fire. :-)

Just kidding! Looks great so far! The cockpit looks first rate from what I can tell. Can't wait to see some color on it. This is the point where I start to get excited about a model because it starts to come alive when the color hits it.

Maybe you'll have it done by the next meeting and I can check it out. Missed the last one because of prior arrangements but made the demo out at the mall. Talk with you later.
 _GOTOTOP