_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
1/32 scale C130 cargo aircraft
ti
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Dalarnas, Sweden
KitMaker: 2,264 posts
AeroScale: 14 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 21, 2005 - 11:32 AM UTC
Thanks guys. Gino, I'm not going to mix 1/48 and 1/35 together, i'm simply going to modify the 1/48 and scatchbuild some parts to get the right look that I'm looking for. Judging by the dimensions and the look of it, I think i can pull it off.

Don't worry, I know what I'm doing.
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 21, 2005 - 01:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Gino, I'm not going to mix 1/48 and 1/35 together, i'm simply going to modify the 1/48 and scatchbuild some parts to get the right look that I'm looking for. Judging by the dimensions and the look of it, I think i can pull it off.

I beg to differ, but you still can't just take a 1/48 C-130 and modify it, scratch a few more pieces to it and put it as the rear end of a C-130 in a 1/35 scale setting. It is still way too small. It won't look right. You can do what you want, but it won't be accurate and will look all out of proportions. Better off scratching the rear portion of the C-130 in proper 1/35 scale.
Defcon1
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 174 posts
AeroScale: 132 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 21, 2005 - 02:58 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Gino, I'm not going to mix 1/48 and 1/35 together, i'm simply going to modify the 1/48 and scatchbuild some parts to get the right look that I'm looking for. Judging by the dimensions and the look of it, I think i can pull it off.

I beg to differ, but you still can't just take a 1/48 C-130 and modify it, scratch a few more pieces to it and put it as the rear end of a C-130 in a 1/35 scale setting. It is still way too small. It won't look right. You can do what you want, but it won't be accurate and will look all out of proportions. Better off scratching the rear portion of the C-130 in proper 1/35 scale.

I agree with you Gino. Making a 1:48 scale anything to 1:35 anything requires an entire re-build of everything. :-)

He said he can pull it off. He said he "knows" what he's doing.

Cheers,
David.
ti
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Dalarnas, Sweden
KitMaker: 2,264 posts
AeroScale: 14 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 21, 2005 - 09:33 PM UTC
Thanks for the concerns guys. I guess you guys are reading too much into this directly. I understand what you mean. but I'll be using the 1/48 as a guide. Happy guys? thanks David for the sarcasism, I'm getting use to it now.
husky1943
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,305 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 22, 2005 - 02:15 AM UTC
Ciao everyone,
Don't forget to put in the head. Yes, there is an inflight head. Neatest contraption that I have ever seen as far as heads in airplanes go. Nice thing to have when flying from Spain to Canada, too.
Ciao for now
Rob
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 09:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Another thing...once you close up the halves of the fuselage it gets dark inside. I had installed a light system and it worked out pretty nice.

Here is some of the detail work I added to the cargo bay ceilling

I still have alot more work to do through the cargo bay area. Someday :-) :-) :-)

Hi Joe

I was away over the weekend, but I hope you didn't think a build like this could sneak in under the ACME Inc. Merlin radar! :-)

A 1/48 scale C-130 with interior lighting... you are planning to write a Feature, aren't you!? Actually, this sounds like a series!

All the best

Rowan
18Bravo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
AeroScale: 101 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 06:09 PM UTC
All you want is the rear? Oddly, that's all I wanted, but for a different reason. While in the Philippines, I met a few gentlemen (though I'll be damned if I can remember where, or under what circumstances) whose companies produce those wooden models you find at "BX /PX strip malls." If you are cool with vacu-forming some rather large pieces over wood forms, and then cutting out the ramp, you're in business. PM me for their info if you're interested.
 _GOTOTOP