A Mk IVf Beaufighter in the RAAF - progress
29Foxtrot
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 708 posts
AeroScale: 674 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 02, 2005 - 01:43 AM UTC
G'day Folk's,

It's been a long time between posts for me, but I have been involved in projects outside model building for some months.

This is the present subject I have been working on over the past month or so, based on a wartime photo of the aircraft and a lot of my resin modifications and other bits added to the concstruction process. The pix tell of the alterations and modifications of the Tamiya 48 scale Mk VI Beaufighter kit modified into the Mk IVf version.

The wartime photo this model is based apon

The enamels used on this bird are from the Humbrol range of paints, the 'Foliage Green' is from the Humrol Authentic colour range of US Dark Green 42 , the decal are compiled from the old Aeromaster 'Whispering Death' part II sheet with the faded RAAF roundal taken from an older Tasman decal sheet of faded RAAF roundals.

Rob.
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 02, 2005 - 02:01 AM UTC
Hi Rob

Great to see you back again - and with, needless to say, another beautiful model of an Aussie subject to show! There're some lovely touches there... I really like the red-oxide dope showing on the elevators.

All the best

Rowan
zoomie50
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 358 posts
AeroScale: 43 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 02, 2005 - 07:24 AM UTC
Awesome job Robert, absolutely awesome. I work on aircraft for a living and very few people understand just how much they really do show wear and tear. You did a good job of showing both.
Jerry
 _GOTOTOP