_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
Hobby Lobby Score
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
AeroScale: 1,164 posts
Posted: Friday, June 03, 2005 - 12:36 PM UTC
On the way home today I stopped by the local HL, and lo and behld what did I find but a nice Hasegawa USMC attack harrier for a measely sum of $28. I dropped the cash like third period economics class, and was on my way. Beautiful kit and at half off to boot. Couldn't help but share the news with you all. Anybody else score some greaet deals on stuff? Inquiring minds want to know "Q"
MadMeex
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Vaasa, Finland
KitMaker: 424 posts
AeroScale: 73 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 04, 2005 - 06:52 AM UTC
I keep making the pilgrimage whenever I hear of the 1/2 off sale, but it seems that the only thing the HL's near here (relative, of course, it's still an hour+ drive) stock are Academy kits, with a few old Tamiya pops to keep them company. Even the majority of the Academy kits are the 1/44 stuff which I'm just not interested in.

Still keeping my fingers crossed for some new DML stuff on some visit.

Mika
TreadHead
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
AeroScale: 370 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 04, 2005 - 07:38 AM UTC
Howdy Matt,

Congrat's on your excellent HL 'score'.

I've been debating on whether I should even share this with crowd, but since you asked the question " Anybody else score some greaet deals on stuff? Inquiring minds want to know "Q" "
This past Tuesday I stopped by a Hobby Lobby on the South/Central part of town that I don't normally frequent just to take a look and see if they had anything different than my local HL.......for the most part they had almost the same selection. That is except for a very large box sitting up on the very top self all by it's lonesome. It was the newly re-released Revell 1/72nd scale VII C German U Boat .
I looked at it and said "cooool ", thinking it was still probably too expensive. But I said, whathehay, and snatched it down to take a look at just how expensive it was. It took me a few seconds to find the price tag, but when I finally found it, it said..............$ 22.99!!!
Now, I don't know exactly what these kits should actually cost, but, I figured $ 22.99 was decent enough for me to tuck it under my arm..................

Only thing I can imagine happened is, that one of the salesclerk's didn't reset their label gun correctly......
{ I've actually kinda felt a tad 'guilty' about the deal.........but I guess my excitement clouded my judgement.......}

Tread.
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,560 posts
AeroScale: 2,225 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 04, 2005 - 07:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Now, I don't know exactly what these kits should actually cost, but, I figured $ 22.99 was decent enough for me to tuck it under my arm......

Had a quick look, and i would say you got a deal and a half there.
1/72 U-Boat Type VII C (U552)

24% off
Product #: rvl05015
Your Price: $61.29
List Price: $80.75
Availability: In Stock
Manufacturer: Revell of Germany
Info: Two piece hull with micro molded details. Meticulously detailed conning tower and bridge, with two conning tower variants to choose from.
TreadHead
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Saturday, June 04, 2005 - 08:52 AM UTC
Howdy Andy,

Thx for the comments......but I definitely feel compelled to confess my sins.................the price of $22.99 was before the discount...........................................

Tread.
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
AeroScale: 1,164 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 04, 2005 - 10:49 AM UTC
Gordon, dont feel bad. My buddy grabbed a Hobbcraft P-38 in 1/32 that normally lists for $110 or so,......$32 before the discount. Same thing happened....somebody forgot to reset the gun. The stores arent losing any $$ on these. They will still make money even on these goofs. Once again, nice haul guys. "Q"
TreadHead
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Saturday, June 04, 2005 - 11:16 AM UTC
Thx Matt,

I appreciate the 'spiritual' consolement......I'm just glad to expunge my feelings of guilt.

Hey, I'm sure the store isn't going to go under because of my fortune, and as the saying goes (and it's lately gone badly for me)....."sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you....."

{....I guess I shouldn't feel bad, especially from a store that marks their stuff down regularly to 90% off.
Now.....if the same clerk would make the same mistake on the Super Hornet.......then I'd really have to blanket my shame......

Tread.
 _GOTOTOP