Hosted by Rowan Baylis
defiant nf II finished!
almonkey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,124 posts
AeroScale: 788 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 - 07:11 AM UTC
heres my pavla 1/72 defiant nfII, looking back through some old pics ive been building this on and off for about 3 years, there were all sorts of probs with this one, mainly stuff not fitting properly (it had etch,resin and vac formed canopies) all made by people who didnt talk to each other, however its turned out to be a nice looking kit imo

Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 - 08:09 AM UTC
Nice one Phil, I have the Classic Airframes 1/48 kit started. It's about time I got around to finishing it.
Mal
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 - 09:18 AM UTC
Hi Phil!

Nice Defiant you have here! I always wonder how you can build little 1/72 kits! Aren't the parts small enough in 1/48? :-)

I have a Flashback 1/48 Defiant in my stash and it's one of my favorite planes. Maybe because it was so unusual!

Hey Mal! Seems we have bought the same kits over the years! The Mistel, The Heinkel and now the Defiant!

One remark Phil: the canopy and the turret are a little bit "foggy"... did you use cyano to glue them or is it just the picture?

Jean-Luc
almonkey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 - 09:59 AM UTC
jean-luc, when you have good eyesight and limited display space 1/72 is the best scale! i think the fogged canopy is due to a layer of dust on the inside because it was left on a shelf for about 18 months, although i think the pic makes it look worse. p.s. the pilots canopy is completly open at the back, and the turret has the gun slots cut out,so any fumes would escape easily (and dust maybe entered) this is how it spent the last 18 months
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 - 06:47 PM UTC
Hi Phil!

Dust is a nightmare! And the display shelf is the last place a girlfriend or a wife would clean away from dust! Too dangerous! Forbidden area! Dust is the main reason why I spray coats of Future on my models! Dust goes away simply by blowing on them! The older models which didn't received the "treatment" yet are real dust magnets!
Your right by saying 1/72 is the good scale when you don't have enough space! I have a Monogram B-29 in my stash and really don't know where I could put it once build! I used to build in 1/72 as a kid but I'm afraid my hands are too big now!

Jean-Luc
rjray
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 230 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 - 08:29 PM UTC
Troubles or no, it's good to see that the kit can be built .
almonkey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, June 09, 2005 - 06:30 AM UTC
i know what your saying! i have a heinkel 177, and a shackleton, both with a lot of aftermarket parts, which i can't wait to start, but at the back of my mind is the question where can it go when its done!
Ian2
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 97 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, July 25, 2005 - 05:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

i know what your saying! i have a heinkel 177, and a shackleton, both with a lot of aftermarket parts, which i can't wait to start, but at the back of my mind is the question where can it go when its done!

That's my major problem. I like building them but have nowhere to display them when they're done?!
almonkey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, July 25, 2005 - 06:25 AM UTC
hi ian! i put a post up yesterday titled one big fokker, basicly im building a triplane in 1/8 scale that makes the four engined 1/72 stuff look tiny
 _GOTOTOP