_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Hispano Buchon almost finished
brandydoguk
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,495 posts
AeroScale: 643 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 09, 2005 - 12:37 AM UTC
This is Academy's 1/48 Hispano HA-1112 "Buchon" painted to represent one used in the movie Battle of Britain to represent a Bf109E. I still have a bit of finishing up to do but I thought I'd post a pic as I don't think it will get finished for a while now.

The kit itself id a good one, the only real problems were a bad fit of the "chin" radiator and the two engine cowls above the exhausts. My main problem came in painting. I didn't have the correct colour for the lighter green on the upper surfaces so I mixed an approximation from some Lifecolor acrylics. The colour airbrushed OK but the next day when I applied a coat of Future floor polish the lighter green started to lift off the surface of the aircraft. I stopped and left it another day but the same thing happened again. I covered the model with Future but the next day the lighter green areas were still sticky! It took 3 days for it to harden.

To do the panel lines I used a wash of very dark green oils for the upper surfaces and dark blue grey for the sides and underneath. The control surface lines were given a wash of grey/brown. When I used a piece of cloth to wipe away the excess in the direction of the airflow it gave a nice appearance of weathered paintwork. As usual my crappy camera fails to show the effect very well.
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 09, 2005 - 06:33 AM UTC
Hello Martin!

Are they really so much things to do on your Buchon? It seems to be finished and is looking very good! Do you plan to do a Spanish Heinkel He 111 in BoB markings as well?

Good luck for your project!

Jean-Luc
brandydoguk
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,495 posts
AeroScale: 643 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 09, 2005 - 07:10 AM UTC
Hi Jean-Luc,

Thanks for the kind comments. I still have to add oil stains and exhaust streaks to the fuselage, plus the radio mast and antenna wire. I will also add some swastikas to the tail when I get hold of some. They were not included in the decals.

I would eventually like to build a Spanish Heinkel 111, it will not be in the near future as it could end up quite expensive. I would have to find a donor kit for the merlin engines plus aftermarket decals. I'm getting married next week so I don't have much spare cash right now.
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 09, 2005 - 07:22 AM UTC
Hey Martin!

Félicitations pour le mariage!

I can imagine the stress in the following days! Building models must be some sort of relaxing for you!
In France the couple who gets married makes a "list de mariage" (some sort of wish list for gifts). I presume you asked each person invited to bring you a kit! :-)

Jean-Luc
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 09, 2005 - 08:14 AM UTC
Looking good Martin, I always use oils for washes, I like the effects you can acheive with them.
Mal
 _GOTOTOP