_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
"Puff theMagic Dragon" in 1/72 scale
Bodeen
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
AeroScale: 14 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 09, 2005 - 02:44 AM UTC
Hi All!
Let me preface this by saying that i'm not much of an aircraft builder. I have a few 1/48 and 1/32 scale aircraft kits.
When I was a kid I went to an Opthamologist who found out that I built models...he opened up a closet in his office and there was a whole stack of models....he told me to pick one.
I chose...probably because of the box art...an airplane. I don't know who the manufacturer was.
The box , as far as I can remember, just said Puff the Magic Dragon . It looked like a Viet Nam era Dakota with a Mini Gun mounted in the side. It was ALREADY molded in a three color jungle camo scheme.
I've been looking for this kit ever since the late 70's and have never found it. I'd really like to build another one.
Does ANYONE know about this kit?
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 09, 2005 - 03:11 AM UTC
Italeri used to do a AC-47 "Puff" in 1/72. It was a great kit. I believe it is out of production though. I build it about 20 years ago for a display for my High School AF JROTC unit. Airfix did one as well. Never built the Airfix kit, that is probably the one you saw. There are two of them on Ebay though.

Airfix AC-47
 _GOTOTOP