Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 07:05 AM UTC
Here's my Gavia Westland Lysander. The model was given 2 coats of brushed on Klear and the kit decals were applied. The codes in the kit are the wrong colour so I substituted the same ones from Eduards profi-pack re-boxing, which are better.

The rest of the on-line build can be seen HERE
Mal
MrRoo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 09:34 AM UTC
Mal that looks a nice build. I looked at your build gallery on this one and I must admit to being impressed.

Almost impressed enough to go buy one and build it as my second aircraft kit. Note I did say maybe! :-)

good work mate

Cheers
Cliff
HastyP
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,117 posts
AeroScale: 47 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 11:44 AM UTC
Looks very well done indeed. Nice to see all the picks of your build in progress. Thanks for sharing.

HastyP
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 11:56 AM UTC
Hi Mal

It almost goes without saying that one of your kits is looking great... but that is a beauty! The link to the on-line build provides a superb reference for anyone tackling this kit.

All the best

Rowan
Henk
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 6,391 posts
AeroScale: 69 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 04:09 PM UTC
God this brings back memories... I build the Matchbox kit of this when I was about 11 or 12.. Mostly went together fine, but I remember that I had a lot of problems getting those legs on... I painted mine black, as I liked the clandestine ops idea.. impressionable 11 year old and all that..

Your model looks good aswel Mal, thanks for sharing and for jogging my memory :-)

Cheers
Henk
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2005 - 07:14 AM UTC
Thanks guys.
Cliff, this is a very nice kit, but it is fighting a little. I have realised that the holes fir the wing struts, that I carefully measured for and moved, are still in the wrong place. This is because I did it before the clear parts were in place, which push the wings further out. A pain but as I have 2 more of these I now know
Henk, do you mean the 1/32 kit? I have this and, one day intend to detail it. One of my other 2 is an Eduard Profi-Pack re-boxing. Now that is some kit, with resin, etch and masks. That one will be done as an SOE version, on a dio landed in France. The slats and flaps will be dropped and in the back will be a matress. This was used in place of seating so that resistence fighters could literally "throw" themselves into the rear cockpit. Obviously the shorter the time spent on the ground in France the better.
I have added a wash but all but ruind it However, I'm quite good at recovering from these ballsups, but it is what slows me down. I hope to get the matt coat on this weekend, wedding (my nieces) permitting
Mal
 _GOTOTOP