_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
more fun with my AR 240!
almonkey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,124 posts
AeroScale: 788 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 25, 2005 - 11:02 PM UTC
after sorting out my hiccups with the camo scheme,its now time to get some decals on...... now bear with me, its rant time! the decals are the WORST decals i have ever used, as far as i can tell they are made of bin liner plastic, the instructions mention an adhesive coating on them that may be milky but will dry clear...i dont think so! whatever is on them helpfully has the effect of yellowing the carrier film, to the extent that i have 30 + years old decals that are in better shape than these, btw this kit seems to be dated 1996 so its not like they actually are really old another trick they have is to curl up after 24 hours as if theyve spent years on a sunny window ledge. ive cut away as much of the carrier film as i can, and stuck them down with a drop of kleer left to go thick for an hour, ill use the wing walkway decals (ive already done one side with these monsters) then raid the spare decal box to make up the rest
i feel a little better now.............time for a beer! or ten
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2005 - 04:29 AM UTC
Pictures! Pictures!

It's like reality TV! When something unexpected happens, you want too see it! I know it's not good! Sorry...

I hope you will find a way to solve your problems with the decals... it would be a shame for the kit! By the way, did you "future" your model before decalling?

Jean-Luc
 _GOTOTOP