_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
the better aircraft model in 1:48 for bf-109
mpalao
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Madrid, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 243 posts
AeroScale: 70 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2005 - 08:45 AM UTC
Hi! I like to buy the model bf-109 scale 1:48 but I donīt know what is the best detailed model for this aircraft. I thinking about Hasegawa model, I see this plastic model and the detailed level is very good, but I need yours opinions. Thanks.
Elad
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
KitMaker: 458 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2005 - 09:22 AM UTC
hey Miguel,

which model of the 109 you wish to build?

for the early ones you got the Tamiya models E-4/7 models.
for the later F,G, K variants you got Hasegawa.

either way you cant go wrong, both are of very high quality and have great attention to surface detail.

Academy has a 109D of the Condor Legion if you are intrested in Spanish Civil War 109s. I heard its not as good as Tamiya or Hasegawa but its probably the onle D model out there and its still supposed to be very nice.

good luck.
mpalao
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Madrid, Spain / Espaņa
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2005 - 09:42 AM UTC
thanks Elad, Yes I`m interesting to civil Spainish war, but the more important for my is to find the best detailed model for this aircraft. Later is possible to adapt the model for another war time. For example I see spanish war civil decals for this aircraft. I see hasegawa. Tamiya I dont`know. The detailed of hasegawa, skins, rivets, etc is very good.
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2005 - 06:53 AM UTC
Hi Miguel

First off, a bit of a belated welcome to Armorama - it's great to have you aboard!

Yes - Hasegawa include Spanish Civil War makings with (certainly some of) their 1/48 Bf 109E kits. It's a great kit and many people reckon it's slightly more accurate than the Tamiya version.

But for the Spanish Civil War you also want to consider the Bf 109B, C and D models. Hobbycraft released kits of these a few years back and they're now available from Academy. They're basically very good kits - the only real problem to nit-pick is the wing slats, which are a bit too large (a simple fill and re-scribe job to correct).

The earlier '109s had some really interesting camouflage schemes during the civil war, so these kits are definitely worth checking out.

Hope this helps and all the best

Rowan
mpalao
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Madrid, Spain / Espaņa
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2005 - 08:20 AM UTC
Thank you very much, Rowan Baylis, it`s very nice to see you. Yes , I see the Hasegawa model bf-109 spanish civil war in the general page of Hasegawa.
It`s probably I buy this model, and I painted it with a light grey (similar to sea grey) camouflage. I love it. I see this model in the Air museum in Spain. But only one question, I see several models of hasegawa with the flaps retracted in the model, but I suppose is necessary to cut the borders to put the flaps in retraction position, this idea is possible or the model included this possibility??

PD: I'm trying to search decals for the bf-109 about de spanish civil war. but I donīt remember the trademark
Do you know?

Thanks

Thanks
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2005 - 09:02 AM UTC
Hi again

Yes - just cut off the locating pins to model the flaps raised... but most (certainly not all) pics of '109s on the ground do show the flaps lowered.

Do you have any recollection at all who made the decals?

All the best

Rowan
mpalao
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Madrid, Spain / Espaņa
Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 - 04:18 AM UTC
Thanks i'm again.

Yes I buy the aeromaster decals for the bf-109E model in the civil spanish war. (I part and II part). But I don`t have any recopilation for all decals for the 1/48 aircraft models. I buy only the civil spanish war decals for the BF-109 because in the futur I buy any BF-109 E,D for to reproduce the spanish civil aircraft., for this model.
I thinking about Hasegawa, I suppose the detailed level is good (panels, rivets, cockpit...
Thanks
 _GOTOTOP