Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Hasegawa 1/32 scale Fw 190A
matrixone
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 869 posts
AeroScale: 862 posts
Posted: Monday, July 04, 2005 - 09:45 AM UTC
A few days ago I finished my new model the Hasegawa Fw 190A-8.

I built this model as a late production Fw 190A-9 and used resin Eagle Parts for the prop, spinner, large engine cowl ring and 14 blade engine cooling fan. The Ta 152 tail and blown hood are from the Revell of Germany Fw 190D-9 kit.

The Wrk.N. on this aircraft is from one of the last production Fw 190's built at Norddeutsche Dornier, production there ended in Feb. 1945 and Wrk.N. 980542 may have been one of a small group of A-9's and F-9's fitted with the large tail unit, so far I have not seen any photographs of the short nosed Focke-Wulfs with the Ta 152 tail but I have seen a few pictures of Doras with them so it is likely A model versions had them fitted as well.

Matrixone
DutchBird
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,144 posts
AeroScale: 123 posts
Posted: Monday, July 04, 2005 - 10:17 AM UTC
What museum did you steal this plane from? Or where did you copy this pic from?

Seriously, it looks fabulous. The first pic looks as if you have a contemporary pic, just technicolored...

The second pic shows it to be a model, but the only real give/away are the non/bulged tires. For the rest of it, there is only one hing I can say... WOW...

This model is almost depressingly good...

Congratulations,

Harm
matrixone
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
Posted: Monday, July 04, 2005 - 12:13 PM UTC
Thanks Harm!

The main wheels are slightly flattened the pics don't show it very well.

Here are two more pics.

Matrixone
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 05, 2005 - 07:05 AM UTC
Very nice, the pics are wonderful. I must make a determined effort to build a base and get some good background shots, It really does make alot of difference.
Mal
Davester444
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 850 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 05, 2005 - 07:12 AM UTC
It really annoys me when people do this. They get photos of a real vehicle and claim it's their model.

Wow.
matrixone
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
Posted: Tuesday, July 05, 2005 - 02:19 PM UTC
Thanks Mal and Dave!

Mal,
This is my first large scale model in a very long time and I realize my photobase is not quite big enough to effectively use forced perspective on these bigger models, I will be expanding the size of the photobase later this year and make a better backdrop as well.
I have several 1/32 scale He 162's , Bf 109K-4's and Doras on my build pile now and would like to take some good pictures of them.

It is nice to share my work with other modelers by posting pictures but I also use my pictures to see if my painting and weathering need improvement by comparing my model pics with pictures of the full size a/c.

Matrixone
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 10, 2005 - 05:36 AM UTC
Hi Les!

What can I say! Awesome pics! You can call yourself a real "Luftwaffe Experte"! Wunderbar!

Jean-Luc
matrixone
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
Posted: Sunday, July 10, 2005 - 05:46 AM UTC
Thanks very much Jean-Luc!

Here is another Fw 190 pic...

Matrixone
Ian2
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 97 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 07:20 PM UTC
I like the composition of this picture - how did you do it?
moJimbo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Shah Alam, Malaysia
KitMaker: 986 posts
AeroScale: 32 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 07:55 PM UTC
...that was TRULY amazing les.... i would've swore it was the real thing! great model + great photography.... a strong candidate for aircraft MOM...
matrixone
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
Posted: Thursday, October 27, 2005 - 03:41 PM UTC
Thanks very much Ian2 and moJimbo!

Ian2,
I study pictures of the late war German a/c that were captured right after the end of the war and try to photograph my models using the same camera angles as the photographers used when they took their pictures of the full size machines, often in these pictures other a/c can be seen in the background sometimes they are wrecked and looted and otherwise unflyable and I try to copy those scenes in my model pics.

moJimbo.
I have entered MOM several times and never really get close to winning but it is still fun to enter anyway, most people prefer the models that have all the resin and P.E. goodies added to them and they get the voters attention more than the OOB models like I build so I have not much of a chance of doing very well but I really do enjoy seeing the other modelers work, its sort of like a monthly club meeting with many great looking models on display.

Here is the model I plan to enter in the November MOM...

Matrixone
 _GOTOTOP