_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
1/1 WWI Aeroplanes
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 - 04:05 PM UTC
September or October, 1992, Guntersville, AL. First annual WWI Fly-In. Unfortunately the next was the last, as I understand it, after the passing of the main organizer.

Billed as the largest number of flying WWI planes (restored and replicas) since WWI, an amazing weekend. Extraordinary! Here are the first of dozens of shots I took there, plus a Phonix-Berg of the former Champlin Fighter Museums collection.

TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 - 05:49 PM UTC
Hi Fred!

Did you found a box with old pictures and you are digging in it! I'ts funny, I had the same idea about pics of a meeting I saw in Nancy some years ago! There were Spits, P 51's, P-40's, B-17's etc...
Seems you are always one step ahead of me! Go on with the vintage trend!

Jean-Luc
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 - 06:56 PM UTC
Hi Fred and Jean-Luc

Wow! Beautiful pics!

We're always looking for new photos for our Walkarounds section. Putting things there means they won't tie up your personal gallery-space and can be a permanent resource for everyone.

Fred - I'll start a new section for these tonight and PM you when I've made copies.

Jean-Luc - once you've sorted your photos, just send them in a .zip file to the Support Centre and it'll save you having to upload them into your gallery.

All the best

Rowan
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 - 07:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Jean-Luc - once you've sorted your photos, just send them in a .zip file to the Support Centre and it'll save you having to upload them into your gallery.

Hi Rowan!

Just found the pictures! I'll scan them and will Zip them to you today I think...

Jean-Luc
almonkey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,124 posts
AeroScale: 788 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 05:36 AM UTC
utterly fantastic! as a fan of WW1 aircraft, seeing them close hand is a bit of a rareity (sp) loved the albatros pics and the guys in uniform totally look the business p.s. i have some pics of a shackleton ill try to send in for the walkaround section
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Friday, August 05, 2005 - 08:08 PM UTC
Greetings All;
Yes Guntersville was a great flyin 1992 & 1994. Here are a few of my favorites over on www.us-aircraft.com

Most of the images are from that venue. Several are of our replicas at Plate Ville CO. and a few from the old Champlin Fighter museum.

Yours truely by the replica 80% scale Albatros D.Va in Jasta 61 livery. 1996
Lucky13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,707 posts
AeroScale: 1,119 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 - 12:09 AM UTC
Imagine having your own private Albatros D. Va, Fokker Dr. 1, VII, SE-5a or Sopwith Camel, compared to all the Cessna's etc. etc.....YUMMY!
If you had the money, what would you build and how would you paint it??
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 - 09:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Imagine having your own private Albatros D. Va, Fokker Dr. 1, VII, SE-5a or Sopwith Camel, compared to all the Cessna's etc. etc.....YUMMY!
If you had the money, what would you build and how would you paint it??

Hi Jan,

If I could have one from the three major powers, I'd take the Albatros D.III, SE-5a and SPAD. The SPAD would be U.S. camo, the SE-5 with standard markings, and the Alb. D.III would have green & mauve upper flying surfaces with part of the fuselage varnished wood, part some garish personal markings.

If I could only have one, I'd take the SE-5.
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 16, 2006 - 04:08 PM UTC
Greetings all;

The organization I volunteer for has just recently been given a large grant for our future growth. I have persuaded the webmaster to start adding more images of replica aircraft. Both ours and the ones owned by other operations. Please accept my personal invitation to drop by on any Friday or Saturday.

Click on the link>>>> http://www.lafayettefoundation.org
 _GOTOTOP