_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Kit Comparative Review
fbuis
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ain, France
KitMaker: 447 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 08:24 PM UTC
Hi all,

I had seen on the web that there is some AFV kit comparative review but rarely on aircraft model.

There are many model manufacturer had released the same kit such as the F-15 in 1:48 scale: Tamiya, Hasegawa, Revell, Academy, etc.

I hope that will have some OOB comparative review on Armorama: moulding quality, plastic parts, decals, etc.

Is this helful? Your opinion?
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 11:38 PM UTC
Bonjour François!

I think your idea is good and I wanted to do the same by comparing the Heinkel He 178 and Gloster Pioneer 1/48 kits as both airplanes were the "firsts" of their kind. But as I read the reviews "guidlines", I noticed that this was impossible due to the review system used at Armorama. I think the database would not handle multiple references in one review!
So what's the solution? Make a feature article! I'll do that with a Condor and Special Hobby He 178 Vs Pioneer comparison!

Jean-Luc
Tigercat
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 216 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2005 - 12:11 AM UTC
I agree it would be very useful. The kit review sections of the detail & scale and the naval fighters books are always intresting.
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2005 - 09:23 AM UTC
Hi there

Jean-Luc is quite right - multiple reviews don't fit well with the review database. It is something I've discussd with Staff_Jim in the past and there's no easy way to do it.

So yes - Feature Reviews is the way to tackle it. You have much more freedom to tackle the subjects as you see fit - and you can run it as a series.

I've actually been planning a back to back build between FM's and Koster's Martin Marylands for ages...

All the best

Rowan
 _GOTOTOP