_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
one big fokker!
almonkey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,124 posts
AeroScale: 788 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 24, 2005 - 12:23 AM UTC
since january 2004 i have been a subscriber to a mag that sends you parts to eventually build a fokker DR1, i decided that i would let as much of it arrive as possible before i started building it, so it would be a consistant model, as its a kit that uses wood where the real plane was wood, metal where it was metal ect. however because there are no sprue numbers its occurred to me im going to end up with a pile of stuff that all looks similar ( 3 samey wings for a start!) so im getting stuck in.i did build the lower wing as the issues came in, but left it there until now. have a look at this! its the completed engine next to a 1/72 kit of the same aircraft. any ideas where i can put this beast when its finished will be greatfully received!
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 24, 2005 - 12:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

any ideas where i can put this beast when its finished will be greatfully received!

Just send it to me! :-)

Jean-Luc

P.S. by the way what scale it is?
Henk
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,391 posts
AeroScale: 69 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 24, 2005 - 12:57 AM UTC
Good grief Phil, that's a monster... What scale is it supposed to be? I suppose that they only place to put it is suspended from the ceiling. After reinforcing the joists.. :-) :-) . I have a similair dilemma with my Cutty Sark, when finished it will be close to 5 foot long and about 3 foot high!

Cheers
Henk
propboy44256
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,038 posts
AeroScale: 285 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 24, 2005 - 01:18 AM UTC
Im guessing 1/6 scale???
almonkey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,124 posts
AeroScale: 788 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 24, 2005 - 05:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Im guessing 1/6 scale???

nearly, its actually 1/8, and my missus has only just noticed how big it will actually be, when i proudly showed her the finished engine........oops!
p.s. the magazine is from a firm called Hachette, who i think are french, jean-luc, so i have (at the moment) 51 issues full of the history of french aviation (its translated into english though) so when you say send it to you, it would be going home!
 _GOTOTOP