Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2005 - 01:11 PM UTC
Ladies and gentlemen,

The final fiddley parts and embellishments are on, and I am afraid of ruining it if I do anything more.

What I did was add the antenne wires and drop tank (and an underwing gun access panel that I forgot--anyone notice in the last batch of pix??

The antenne, well, I used stretched clear sprue ( I read it stretches finer). I painted it copper. Why? Because my photos of the P-40E at Wright-Patterson's museum has copper antenne wires and the big white ceramic insulators. Now, I figure they would be painted top-side color, but I couldn't resist this batch of pix "freshly strung". Can anyone tell me more about this subject?

The photos are a mix of natural light, natural + color-corrected buld, and all that plus flash. Some duplicate views with different exposures for color/detail comparisons.

TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2005 - 05:14 PM UTC
Hi Fred!

One word: excellent!

I did the revell P-40 in about the same markings some years ago and you make me want to throw my model in the garbage to make a new one! I'm really jealous of yours! :-)

About weathering, I also think it's ok that way... except for one thing! I know it's difficult to put some dirt on this beautiful nose art decal, but in my opinion, it seems unrealistic not to have exhaust stains there! You don't have to put a lot though, just a little bit... with pastels for example...

Anyway, it's a great model and the aerial wire just look cool that way (even if I don't now if it is accurate or not!)

Bravo Fred! What is your next project now!

Jean-Luc
 _GOTOTOP