Avenger II -progress 3/8/'05
29Foxtrot
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 708 posts
AeroScale: 674 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 - 02:42 AM UTC
G'day Folk's,

This 48 Accurate Miniatures TBF 1c has a Verlinden resin Engine set yet to be fitted, but the pix below show what remains of the model kit assembly.
Firstly;- I painted the white area using Boyds White Primmer, when dry I masked the area's that are white and applied Humbrol # 33 flat black to the remaining area's.

I painted this bird in the Royal Navy Fleet Air Arm colours from the Xtra Colour range of enamel paints, in RAF Sky for the undersurfaces, Dark Sea Grey / Slate Grey for the upper cammo surfaces, these colours are applied free hand to the model, the main wings and tailplanes are not as yet fixed to the model, [they are placed on the fuselage to give the appearence of the cammo and invasion stripes for the assembly of this bird].

Apart from the Verlinden resin I have added a set of my Scale Magic Wing Flaps but the rest is as per the kit.

Sorry for the pix being a little dark:

Tigercat
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 216 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 - 02:53 AM UTC
Hi Robert

Looking good, got a couple of those kits in my stash. What are you planing of putting in the bombay?

David
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 - 09:12 AM UTC
Hi Robert!

I haven't this kit in my stash! But your build reminds me I have to get one! Great idea with the strips scheme! Looks very original on an Avenger!

The kit seems to just have been "Futured"? Looks like it's still wet!

Thanks for sharing and keep posting some pics!

Jean-Luc
chip250
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,864 posts
AeroScale: 410 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 - 12:45 PM UTC
I like that very much. I think what makes it really interesting is that it isnt in the obligatory U.S. Navy colors, its in British markings and colors for a change. Excellant job!

~CHip
airraid
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 277 posts
AeroScale: 142 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 13, 2005 - 03:11 AM UTC
Hi Robert
Just seen your avenger looking good.I just got the ITALIERI kit and am looking forward to building it as itis the ACCURATE kit re boxed.The beauty of this release is that it is about half the price of the accurate one.
hope to finish mine in british pacific fleet markings
Dennis
 _GOTOTOP