_GOTOBOTTOM
Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
What exactly are group builds?
Nokinja
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Nova Scotia, Canada
KitMaker: 26 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 06, 2005 - 05:34 PM UTC
I've been seeing more and more of these, and have been increasingly more curious about them. Is the whole point just to build an aircraft? What happens once it's completed? I cant seem to find any reference material explaining group building.

Thanks.
ShermiesRule
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 06, 2005 - 06:24 PM UTC
There are generally two types of build

1) Group Build- Someone brings and idea to a group and they decide to build it. It can be as specific or general as the leader decides. For example some could suggest a Sherman Tank group build. Everyone who particpates then builds a Sherman in the allotted time. When one finishes you get a hearty congrats from the group

2) Campaigns- Basically an official Armorama approved Group Build. An idea is submitted by the potential leader. If enough people sign up for it, the proposal is then accepted . A timeframe is selected when you are allows to begin and end your projects. When complete you get a special award from the Campaign Leader if you meet all the requirements.

In either type of group build, the theme, rules and requirments change so read the specs carefully to make sure you are doing the right thing. Take a look at my profile for examples of campaign ribbons and then look in my gallery to see how I elected to qualify for each award.
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 06, 2005 - 06:28 PM UTC
Nokinja welcome

A group build is when members from a modeling site agree on a certain model to build. Example: Take the F4 Phantom, everyone agrees on this this to build, any scale and country. There is a time frame, mostly in a 6 month time frame. It's not a competition it's more a help and information group build where members would share thier modelling skills. Most times there's no prizes for winners, and some times there maybe a raffle with prizes to all who had an entry. Hope this helps some.
propboy44256
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,038 posts
AeroScale: 285 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 07, 2005 - 12:13 AM UTC
Thnaks for asking this question, As I also wondered the same thing. And Thanks Alan for the detailed explanation.
 _GOTOTOP