_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
IPMS NATS 2005 contest results are now.....
CPTKelley
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 206 posts
AeroScale: 115 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 07, 2005 - 01:50 AM UTC
...still not posted anywhere. What.....!? What'd ya think I was gonna say? Quit lookin' at me like that....look at these pics instead!

1:72 Trumpeter Vigilante, as the last Vigi to ever be catapult launched (Peacemakers of the Fleet). All I added was the seat harnesses,fashioned from masking tape and wire. The decals are from Zotz.I left the trailing flaps down despite the molded-in leading edge flaps being "up"....I just like the way they look,regardless of the fact they worked together with the leading edge flaps. Enjoy!

JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 07, 2005 - 02:50 AM UTC
Hi CPTKelly,

What a good looking build of a jet whose lines say "JET!"

Are there more pix, and are you planning to submit a review?

What do you think of the rivets? I read a complaint they seem too big.
The windscreen looks like a perfect fit on the fuselage. The decals look silvered, though. Is that just under the cockpit, or are the kit decals a problem?
CPTKelley
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, August 07, 2005 - 03:06 AM UTC
Hi, and thanks!

This was just a fun build, no article or anything. The rivets are quite delicate actually, the only problem is that the Vigi didn't have any...their skins were nearly all flush! The decals were fine (aftermarket Zotz) and to view the model close up, they don't appear silvered. To get that shot, though, I had the lamps so close you couldn't help but to get a bit of reflection.

JK
archerwin
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Luzon, Philippines
KitMaker: 106 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 07, 2005 - 11:41 AM UTC
CPTKelley,
WOW!

Is the folding vertical fin (or tail, what is the correct term btw) included as an option in the kit? i think it's really cool! it's the 1st time i saw a plane like that... thanks for sharing!
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 07, 2005 - 12:25 PM UTC
But your tail and one wing are bent?
CPTKelley
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, August 07, 2005 - 01:16 PM UTC
Uuummmm.....I think you should look closer at the 3rd picture...? They're both folded up, but even in 1:72, it's hard to fit the whole A/C into the photo. And yes to Erwin....it's an option with the kit (also in 1:48 kit too). This plane looks like Mach 2 standing still!

JK
cap
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 53 posts
AeroScale: 20 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 07, 2005 - 11:16 PM UTC
Hi CPTKelley,
I was wondering how you made those rearward streaks behind the panel lines on the fuselage. I'm currently working on a 1/72 F/A 18 and would like to give it a try.

thanks,
cap
 _GOTOTOP