_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Broken 1/48 Corsair Rudder Pedal
Nokinja
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Nova Scotia, Canada
KitMaker: 26 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, August 08, 2005 - 05:57 AM UTC
Well, I hadn't had this part out of the box 5 minutes, and i've broken it. It's not a HUGE deal, but I would like not to have to leave it out.

Will a small dab of glue hold this peice together once it's in the cockpit?

edited out typos.
CRS
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,936 posts
AeroScale: 1,168 posts
Posted: Monday, August 08, 2005 - 06:06 AM UTC
I'd use just a drop of "Gap Filling CA" , but that's just my way of fixing such things.
smithery
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 289 posts
AeroScale: 78 posts
Posted: Monday, August 08, 2005 - 06:19 AM UTC
You could also repair it with a drop of Tamiya Extra Thin cement. It will melt the joint back together, and the reapir will be invisible once painted.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Monday, August 08, 2005 - 07:55 AM UTC
For this sort of misshap I use Chuck's fix, gap filling CA. If you hold the 2 parts together you will more than likely find that they fit back together easily, so don't try to trim them.
Mal
EDIT: Kevin's fix will work, but, especially if there are thin slivers of plastic, the mating surfaces will be altered (by the melting action of the cement) and you will have a simple but joint, rather than a mechanical interlock.....lockey......type......thing. Not a major deal with this item but can be with say an undercarriage leg.
Nokinja
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Nova Scotia, Canada
KitMaker: 26 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, August 08, 2005 - 04:02 PM UTC
Thanks guys. Once I got it in the cockpit, you cant even see the pedals without a flashlight and a lot of twisting.

I just used a dab of glue, and it melted it together. Once it was solid, I scraped off the excess with a scalpel.

This is the first Tamiya bird i've ever built, and I can say it goes together very quick and clean. I'm definitely impressed with it.
 _GOTOTOP