_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
SH-60 ready for paint
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 09, 2005 - 04:50 AM UTC
Now that everythings has been added on, it's now time to paint. Those who are not familiar with the kit, it’s Italeri 1/48th SH-60B. It does have some fit problems and a box full of challenges. The next update will be it’s finished one.

Here I cut the tail boom off to make it in it's folded postion.
USArmy2534
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,716 posts
AeroScale: 246 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 09, 2005 - 05:03 AM UTC
Very well done. The tail is very cool and nothing less than what I expecting to see coming from you . Couple of things I am wondering. How do you plan to secure the tail rotor? Did you add the little piece inside the "housing" before gluing the two sections of tail together?

Are you planning to add the red painted "scaffolding" for the folded tail and/or the red painted "crank" used to fold the tail?

What in the way of armament are you loading up? Both torpedoes?

Can't wait to see it done.

Jeff
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 09, 2005 - 06:28 AM UTC
Looking great Joe. Nice, clean build. Looking forward to seeing it with its colors on.
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 09, 2005 - 06:59 AM UTC
Thanks Jeff, Gino
Jeff yes I did glue the small retainer ring inside, but I still will glue the tail rotor on. I won't bother me that it won't spin. Yes I will be adding the red blade crutches, I all ready have the holes drilled in the tail fuselage, had to see. As for the torpedos, yes I will be adding both Mk 46 Mod 5's and the AQS-81 (MAD).

I'll tell you this, this was one of the most interesting heilcopter I've built. I'm leaning right now into converting a 1/35 hawk into a SH-60B or even into F series
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 09, 2005 - 08:30 AM UTC
Hi Joe!

I said earlier there are a lot of details still visible inside helicopters models! I was not laughing! With the side door open and the big windscreen one can still see the great amount of work you put in there! Definitely more than in an aircraft model!

Great work! And start to polish the windshields!

Jean-Luc
 _GOTOTOP