_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Almost done with the S 17BS...
PolarBear
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 820 posts
AeroScale: 629 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 14, 2005 - 01:20 AM UTC
The water is finally done(!), but some other details remain (painting and trimming of the figures and the clothes etc)...

See also the diorama forum for further pictures and some info. Pics of the finished work will be posted on the Air over the Sea campaign thread.

All comments are welcome!!

Cheers
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 14, 2005 - 01:52 AM UTC
Hi Polarbear!

Great diorama!

You should make a review on how you made the water and the splash! Great work!

I saw previous pics of your build and think these, under real light condition, are better than the others!

Your said it's your seventh build only!? I'm impressed!

By the way, is it an IKEA picture frame you used? :-)

Jean-Luc
PolarBear
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Västra Götaland, Sweden
Posted: Sunday, August 14, 2005 - 07:42 PM UTC
Jean-Luc,

That IKEA-stuff is far too difficult to assemble... :-) :-) :-)

I bought the frame for approx € 1.

Ps. Thanks for your kind comments!

EasyOff
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 926 posts
AeroScale: 27 posts
Posted: Monday, August 15, 2005 - 01:07 AM UTC
That's going to be some piece when its finished. A real show stopper. It looks so natural! I think if it was mine, I think that I would have painted the wood instead of stained it. Why? I think the its taking away from the action with all that grain. I'd fill those corners with some putty, get some paint chips and see what colors will actually compliment the water and the plane etc. I'd want the paint smooth too. That's just me. I could be wrong, its your work, your art. I mean no disrespect. You could leave it like that too because its a beautiful piece. If your going to keep the stained wood, maybe consider waxing it.

Can you tell that I don't work anymore and that there's nothing on television during the day but decorating shows? hahaha
PolarBear
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Västra Götaland, Sweden
Posted: Monday, August 15, 2005 - 06:18 AM UTC
Hi EasyOff!

I'm actually quite happy with the frame and the look of the wood stains! I like to keep the feeling of raw and "wet" wood, yet make it presentable in my bookshelf. Further, I think it reflects the nature of the jettys used at the numerous war bases in the Stockhom archipelago during WWII, see example below;

Look!! It's #16!

I'm going to add a mooring line in the same maner as the aircraft in the middle.

Ps. Decorating shows on TV?! Who knows? They might come in handy when doing dioramas! :-)

Cheers!
 _GOTOTOP