Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Junkers Ju-88 C6 Destroyer
nezih
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 43 posts
AeroScale: 14 posts
Posted: Monday, August 15, 2005 - 11:08 AM UTC
This is 1/72 scale Italeri kit.. i painted this kit with model master, molak, humbrol paints. C6 seems like very powerfull aircraft ...i like it

PolarBear
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 820 posts
AeroScale: 629 posts
Posted: Monday, August 15, 2005 - 11:44 AM UTC
Nice work, Nezih!

Great to see such attention to detail and painting in 1/72!! The weathering is sooo nice!!!!

One has to wonder though - did it just land in a mud field! The wheels are sooo dirty! :-)

If I would have to be picky about something, it would be the antenna. You've certainly put in some effort to it, but to me, it simply looks too thick! I'm somewhat of a beginner, but I recently tried to make an antenna for 1/72 using 0.04 mm fishing line, and I was very pleased with the result. 0.08 mm would also look good. Another advantage with fishing line is that it is flexible, so the tension is maintaned! - I think the model would benefit from this.

Thanks for sharing!
nezih
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, August 15, 2005 - 12:00 PM UTC
Thank u Polarbear..

this is very positive critic for me .. you r right.. antenna is too thick.. i'll change it more thinner one
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Monday, August 15, 2005 - 05:14 PM UTC
Hi Nezih,

You did an impressive job! I see no seam lines or gaps, excellent workmanship! The nose cone looks to be the exception.

The canopy does not seem to fit well, but if this kit's canopy is a multi-part piece like the 1/48 JU-88 I built, then it is hard to mount. Looking at photos of -88s, I noted the windscreen had a noticeable gap in real life. The rear part of the canopy was jettisonible, from the photos I've seen of abandoned one, so the gaps aren't a big thing to me.

The muddy wheels is good. Even in the Reich, many aerodromes were sod. In Russia, a paved runway seemed few and far between. So I think it is proper for these wheels to be very dirty, even with muck on the nacelle behind the wheels, where the spinning wheel would fling filth.

Polarbear's suggestion about the antenne will improve the model, too.

The topside weathering enhances the appearance. However, I am not a proponent of weathering all panel lines; I would suggest that you tone down the underside.

Looking forward to your next model!
nezih
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, August 15, 2005 - 07:14 PM UTC
Hi Fred,

thank u for your critics and suggestions.. your opinions r very helpfull for me.. next time, not i try dont make mistakes what u said see u
Ian2
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 97 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2005 - 07:03 PM UTC
I think it looks fine. I've got one in my pile at home (though i plan on converting it to an A1 with soem old Airfix parts and a Fine Scale Modeler article).

Judging from contemporary photographs, the fields these aircraft operated from would have been quite churned up, especially during the Russian campaign etc. It's also noticeable on RAF heavy bombers.
USAF_Sarge
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 46 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2005 - 08:14 PM UTC
Nezih..... GUZEL!!!

I was stationed in Izmir Turkey for 2 years, learned some Turkish and loved every minute I was there. Great model and keep up the great work!

airraid
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 277 posts
AeroScale: 142 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 - 04:43 AM UTC
That is one great model .I dont know what the law is in turkey but a couple of swastikas on the tail fin would make it completely authentic.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 - 07:09 AM UTC
Very nice C6 Teğmen, I particularly like the interesting weathering, but it may be a touch heavy in 1/72 scale for some tastes. Personally I like to see, what might be quite boring schemes, given a bit of life with painting techniques and weathering. Thanks for sharing.
Have you seen the MOM (Model of the Month) picture posts? The September voting thread is still open, you might want to enter the October one. It will be open on the first of October it will be good to have more 1/72 models.
Mal
 _GOTOTOP