_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
SH-60 on deck
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Monday, August 15, 2005 - 12:38 PM UTC
Finally this ones finished, Italeri’s 1/48th SH-60. Other than the cockpit and cargo bay being half empty it’s really not a bad kit, the only problem I did run into was the fit for the clear pieces. Well on to the next one.

This is the 3 update on this build, build pics can be found in my gallery under helicopters.
Grumpyoldman
Staff Member_ADVISOR
KITMAKER NETWORK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
AeroScale: 836 posts
Posted: Monday, August 15, 2005 - 12:43 PM UTC
Looks really good Joe.

Edited:...... needs chocks and chains......
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Monday, August 15, 2005 - 12:48 PM UTC
Looks great as usual. Awesome job.
Silantra
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Putrajaya, Malaysia
KitMaker: 2,511 posts
AeroScale: 121 posts
Posted: Monday, August 15, 2005 - 01:33 PM UTC
awesome and marvelous as usual Joe...
The helicopter was really cool and so was the torpedo. As usual, i love to see your work my friend
it is my eyes or the photos but i couldnt help to notice that your base was somekind of wrap. this is evidence by the wrap white line..
newtothegame
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 588 posts
AeroScale: 468 posts
Posted: Monday, August 15, 2005 - 01:51 PM UTC
Looks great Joe. You do amazing work, and it is always great to admire your work! I really like the base too.
Leon
Mech-Maniac
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 2,240 posts
AeroScale: 53 posts
Posted: Monday, August 15, 2005 - 01:52 PM UTC
Mother
You really amaze me with these birds you make, they're just so refined in every aspect, the way the panel lines are shaded, the tones of the black letters and numbers, simply amazing. You really do motivate me to go the the modeling bench and make models till my hands go numb :-)
I hope my models will look just as good as yours do one day.
-Shain
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Monday, August 15, 2005 - 04:56 PM UTC
Hi Joe!

Great work! The folded rotorblades and tail are a nice addition to the model. I would just add some aircraft carrier personnel on deck to animate the scene. I think the model is perfect for that!

Jean-Luc
fbuis
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ain, France
KitMaker: 447 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, August 15, 2005 - 08:49 PM UTC
Excellent built, Joe!
I wish that I could build one SH-60 like yours... excellent painting as usual!

Erik67
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buskerud, Norway
KitMaker: 1,871 posts
AeroScale: 58 posts
Posted: Monday, August 15, 2005 - 09:06 PM UTC
I am very impressed!! Now, where did I put that Pavehawk...
Ripster
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 970 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, August 15, 2005 - 10:53 PM UTC
Excellent, a lovely piece of work - and nice to see you posting again! If the base is a tad warped it doesn't really matter, carrier decks are not exactly billiard-table flat anyway.

I would agree with Grumpy though that some deck lashings would add the finishing touch
USArmy2534
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,716 posts
AeroScale: 246 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 04:11 AM UTC
Suck it up Jeff, be a man!
"I can't; It's so damn beautiful"

Simply stunning. Once again, I ask for a jaw-dropping emoticon. Looks like you used the kit decals. I can't remember if you said you intended to use the Cobra Company decals?

Couple of questions I am working out right now. How did you get the forward-most rotors to fold under the rear-most rotors? Mine won't. It looks like you rotated them to fit. Now I broke one of the guide pins, so I can't test fit it now. I think I may just have the rotors extended.

Mine's decaled, painted, and waiting for the addition of wheels, tubes, aerials, and other small parts, plus radio wire. But don't expect pics until at least next week as I move into dorms tomorrow. No more modelling for me for a while.

Again, hands down beautiful and a MOM entry without a doubt! By the way, what is "the next one?" Did I hear you were thinking about a conversion to -60F standard?

Jeff
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 04:32 AM UTC
Thanks everyone ,

As for the base, well it's an old one I've been using to pose all my 1/48th aircrafts on. It was made from a piece of poster board taped and airbrushed.

Jeff,
as for the main rotor blade folding further back, well I had to do some carving, a lot of carving I wouldn't worry about the pin being broken if you want to have the blades folded. I'll get a photo to you (email) to show what I had done. Yes I did use the kits decals, didn't feel like waiting. As for the next one, I'm going to start on a 3rd CH-46. I also have plans on doing a 1/35th Blackhawk and converting it into a SH-60F. Again thanks and good luck on the start of a new school year.
 _GOTOTOP