Fw190 D-9
nezih
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 43 posts
AeroScale: 14 posts
Posted: Monday, August 15, 2005 - 10:55 PM UTC
Hello...friendss

I choose this kit cos, it is too cheap and I think DORA is the most powerfull shaped fw190, this is my first 1/32 scale kit :-) . i modified cockpit (seatbelts) strecht build using paper and wire.. :-) i cant find PE set in here... i used molak, model masters ard aeromaster paints ( rlm series)... manufacturer is Revell but i think designed by hasegawa

Martinnnn
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 5,435 posts
AeroScale: 32 posts
Posted: Monday, August 15, 2005 - 11:14 PM UTC
Wow looks awesome to me! Really great! Makes me wanna try aircraft again but I've just got too many armour kits which really need to be finished now lol

Martin
nezih
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, August 15, 2005 - 11:25 PM UTC
Thank u Martin.. your opinions r make me so happy... and now i have so many afv on the table just like u but im in trouble about one of them..
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Monday, August 15, 2005 - 11:33 PM UTC
Hi Nezih!

Great job! What can I say more!? You did an excellent camouflage! Very realistic!

The D9 is really a beautiful bird! One of my favorites... and the one of many others I believe!

Congratulations!

Jean-Luc
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 07:05 AM UTC
Loverly Dora, I particularly like the seat harness and the camo is very well done I have this kit in my stash, it is indeed designed by Hasegawa, the Revell boxing is a real bargin.
Mal
nezih
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 08:09 AM UTC
Thx Mal and Jean-luc

and Mal, i feel proud of your words.. cos i think your tamiya dora is most amazing camo and construction i have ever seen.. its real good job.. thanks one more time..

Nezih
wingman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 880 posts
AeroScale: 654 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 10:21 AM UTC
Hi Nezih. Love the seat belts. Great job overall,nice weathering. I've been building 1/48 lately, I have a couple of 1/32's in the stash, I'll get to 'em sometime,good job,Wingman out.
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 10:37 AM UTC
Absolutely stunning, For a cheap 1/32 aircraft you sure did it justice. The cockpit is awesome, love the seat harness. Any chance of seeing how you were able to make them, I’m sure many others members and myself would like to. What other aircrafts have you built.
nezih
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 07:59 PM UTC
Hi joe,

In our country, Revell and Trumpeter kit r really very cheap.. but we cant find any Dragon, Hasegawa vs... kits.. may be a little italeri.. And thank u for your opinions Joe.. Im sorry, i did not take photo when i was mading seat belts than i cant show u how can i make it.. but now i gonna to starting new kit 1/32 Fw190 F8 (Revell) but first time i ve got many afv kits on the table.. this time i'll take photos and explane u.. how can i make it.. see u

Nezih |
Tobar
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 192 posts
AeroScale: 70 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 17, 2005 - 05:31 AM UTC
Very nice...
I like your choice in paint scheme,,,
I have the Tamiya 1/48, and I will use your pics here
as Ref. for undercarriage and cockpit color.

Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 17, 2005 - 07:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

and Mal, i feel proud of your words.. cos i think your tamiya dora is most amazing camo and construction i have ever seen.. its real good job.. thanks one more time..

Thank you, I take it that you haven't seen Pixilaters construction articles then You are justifyable proud of a great model, Have you thought of entering it into next months "Model of the Month" (MOM). Interestingly my Dora came nowhere in July August MOM has just started voting, take a look. If you klick on the MOM filter, at the top of the page, you will see all MOMs.

It would be great if you could do an article on how you made those seat belts. Lots of pictures is the way to go. Your written English looks fine but if you are using a dictionary and it takes a while, captioning the pics will be fine. (as Rowan (Merlin) will probably edit it, do check with him first. Now I've said that he will probably pass it on to me ) I'm not trying to be patronising, I haven't even seen a Turkish/English dictionary
Mal
nezih
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, August 17, 2005 - 10:16 AM UTC
Thank u very much Thomas.. i used rlm 66 for cockpit.

Ok Mal, so u are very kind and helpfull, i know i speak terrible english.. but i'll try to much better.. and its so good to here this.. maybe i'll think enter into MOM next month..but i think im not ready.. i havent got enogh xperience about modelling for MOM.. and i ll buy a dictionary.. :-) :-)
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 18, 2005 - 08:43 AM UTC
Hi Teğmen

Beautiful job! And, as Mal suggests, it would be great if you submitted an full article on how you built your Dora. Failing that, I think we should promote these pics to an On Display Feature so they can be kept in content storage and free your gallery space.

Just PM me to discuss which you'd prefer.

All the best

Rowan
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Friday, August 19, 2005 - 07:32 AM UTC

Quoted Text

i modified cockpit (seatbelts) strecht build using paper and wire.. :-) i cant find PE set in here...

Nezih,

Good golly, man, you DON"T NEED P/E! Your belts and buckles look fantastic!

As does the rest of your Dora

I am thrilled that you painted the bottom of wing as you did. I read about the odd colors and unpainted center portion in a book about Champlin Fighter Museum's "Yellow 9", and intend to do the same. I've never seen anyone else do so. Well done!
 _GOTOTOP