Codename 'Jill'
29Foxtrot
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 708 posts
AeroScale: 674 posts
Posted: Monday, August 29, 2005 - 02:19 AM UTC
G'day Folk's,

This Hasegawa 48 scale 'Jill' [the IJN operational replacement to the 'Kate'], is built OOB this kit has some options for weapons, lower fuselage rear gunner position, flaps and wings folded / straight. Several poly caps are used in the assembly of this bird, 3 are used on the ofcentre lower fuselage hard point for the Torpedo/Bomb Rack, the undercarriage leg fixing points and the wing fold hinges.
I elected to build this with the wings folded, the lower gunner's post is closed and have not decided on what weapons to fit.

Xtra Colour enamels for the IJN Green / Grey, the old AreoMaster IJA/N Cowling Blue Black, IJA/N Primmer Brown and Tamiya enamel for the cockpit interior. The decals supplied [as per boxart option], created a slight silvering in some places, due to the radar antenia's the fuselage Hinamaru ['Target Disc'], was applied first , the Yellow theatre ID wing leading edge is a piece of Experts Choice Yellow decal film.
The panel lines are highlighted in lead pencil and the paint chipping is with a silvering roller ball pen.

fbuis
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ain, France
KitMaker: 447 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, August 29, 2005 - 10:37 AM UTC
Rob,

Looks very nice, I like the model with wings in folding position.
Yes, for the paint chipping, why not use a silvering roller ball pen? It is a very good tip!

Francois
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Monday, August 29, 2005 - 11:39 AM UTC
Good looking Fem Fatale! My Grace decals silvered, too. Hey, Hasegawa, take note!
Silantra
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Putrajaya, Malaysia
KitMaker: 2,511 posts
AeroScale: 121 posts
Posted: Monday, August 29, 2005 - 12:54 PM UTC
ROb, nice work. The panel lines are amazingly done (with pencil...wow!!!!)

i like the decal also..are the red circle on the wings decal or you painted them?? look fantastic

anyway, just how good is Xtracolor? what did you use to thin it? i have a few of xtra color for my next project and never use them before...

anyway, nice work...!!
 _GOTOTOP