_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
PAH 2 Eurocopter Tiger
VladVolkov
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Lebanon
KitMaker: 127 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 05:19 AM UTC
Yes, the Tiger. I have a book in Russian about 4000 pages about modern aircraft and ordnance and there's very little said about the PAH 2. Ive already built the Italeri kit and im not pleased. Even though i built it clean and careful and all, but the canopy didnt fit, i contantly had to refer to pictures in books for the instruction list was disgusting . But the final blow were the decals which refused to lose their gloss. I have a special technique to make decals blend into the vehicle and that is wiping it with my spit over and over again each time after they dry, but only after the vehicle is completely built. However, this time the decals refused to give in. Does anyone else have woeful stories about a Tiger kit? I would appreciate comment. Oh and before i forget, i inserted a white hot steel pin into the main rotor pin. I always do that.
AJLaFleche
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
AeroScale: 328 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 05:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

. I have a special technique to make decals blend into the vehicle and that is wiping it with my spit over and over again each time after they dry, .

I guess that's one way to keep the judges from picking up your models.
I've always found a layer or two of testor's Dullcoat airbrushed on to be quite effective with even the glossiest decals and paints.
VladVolkov
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Lebanon
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 05:43 AM UTC
Whoa, whoa, whoa, slow down, testor's what?, you can imagine that i only spend my cash on the model and the paint. All the rest is redundant, unnecessary. Whatever can be replaced will be.
jimbrae
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
AeroScale: 291 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 05:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Whoa, whoa, whoa, slow down, testor's what?, you can imagine that i only spend my cash on the model and the paint. All the rest is redundant, unnecessary. Whatever can be replaced will be.

Instead of shouting, why don't you stop for a second and listen to what could be some very sound advice?

Al, i'm sorry but I think your advice is neither welcome nor needed...Jim
VladVolkov
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Lebanon
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 06:07 AM UTC
Dont get me wrong, i appreciate the advice, but i cant use it, for they dont sell that stuff here. Im in the modeling stone age here.
AJLaFleche
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
AeroScale: 328 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 06:24 AM UTC
Okay. When you buy your paint, consider picking up a bottle of clear flat, from any company except Tamiya, since that's made to mix in with glossy paint. There are acrylic as well as enamel versions of this and justy about every paint company has one.
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 10:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Dont get me wrong, i appreciate the advice, but i cant use it, for they dont sell that stuff here. Im in the modeling stone age here.

I'm sure if you have a hobby shop that sells models and paint, you can also get dulcote. It is made by the same companies that make paint. You could also try mail order or on-line suppliers. I'm sure it would work much better than spit.
VladVolkov
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Lebanon
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 05:55 PM UTC
Muchachos,please understand, i have only lousy Tamiya paints here, nothing else, and my hobby shop is just a big toy shop that accidentally sells models.And what's flat base?
fbuis
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ain, France
KitMaker: 447 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 07:53 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Muchachos,please understand, i have only lousy Tamiya paints here, nothing else, and my hobby shop is just a big toy shop that accidentally sells models.And what's flat base?

You find out what you need in your PM : a mixed Tamiya Flat Base with Tamiya Acrylic Thinner could use as Dullcote.

It is better to specify your "stone age" hobby shop when you post your question first, you will get a good and right advice immediately from other Armorama mates who really want to help you.

Hope that helps.
VladVolkov
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Lebanon
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 08:10 PM UTC
Yes it does, but my question wasnt about paint, it was about whether anyone has experience building the PAH 2 Tiger and whether they have any advice for me.
Davester444
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 850 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 08:55 PM UTC
Since you have already built the kit once, why don't you just use the experience of building the first kit to help you with the second? I'm sure if you had problems the first time around, you know what to expect from the kit and also have a good idea how to fix them. And if you're not planning to build the kit again and have already finished the first one, why are you asking for advice on it?
VladVolkov
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Lebanon
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 09:28 PM UTC
Im asking, if anyone has built the Italeri PAH 2 and whether they had the same problem, i thought thats what i wrote in my first post. And im not going to build a chopper ever again, since they are too fragile and if i ever build a plane , ill remove the landing gear.
spooky6
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Sri Lanka
KitMaker: 2,174 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 10:03 PM UTC
Chill out, chaps. Vlad's not asking for advice, just whether anyone had a similar experience with that kit.
VladVolkov
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Lebanon
Posted: Saturday, September 03, 2005 - 04:43 AM UTC
Anyone else have something to add? Does anyone else stick pins into rotors etc...?
fbuis
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ain, France
KitMaker: 447 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 03, 2005 - 11:02 PM UTC
I get know what are you looking for:

1. Anyone had a similar experience with that kit? - There is a hungarian modeller, David Balazs who had built an Eurocopter Tiger in 1:48 scale (Revell), his review is in hungarian that I can not understand, he had also post his model photo on The Aircraft Resource Center website, however, I show you the link:
http://www.makettinfo.hu/index.php?jobb=makettek/epites/epites.htm

And his email [email protected]

2. Does anyone else stick pins into rotors etc...? - No, I don't do that.

Hope that helps.
 _GOTOTOP