Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Detailing of He 177
Andrei
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Romania
KitMaker: 5 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 03:00 AM UTC
Can somebody help me with some color references regarding cockpit of He 177 ???
MadMeex
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Vaasa, Finland
KitMaker: 424 posts
AeroScale: 73 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 09:07 AM UTC
All of my references point to RLM66 (dark grey) for crew compartments. Are you building the Revell Germany's 1/72 scale effort? I'd love to see some pictures of your progress!

Mika
Andrei
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Romania
Posted: Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 11:22 PM UTC
Unfortunatelly I don't have a digital camera so I can't send you any photos, but if you like some opinions from during construction, I will send you. I didn't start to build this bird yet. I just buyed the PE from Eduard and now I dig for any references I can find.
MadMeex
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Vaasa, Finland
Posted: Friday, November 08, 2002 - 07:53 AM UTC
I also purchased the PE set from Eduard, and I also haven't started on mine. I picked up a set of decals from ... some company ... with additional schemes. As far as references go, the ones I have are the Aero Publishing He-177 book, and the He-177 by M.Griehl I believe. The Aero has some nice diagrams of the gun turrets, and the Griehl book has good diagrams for the many variants they had planned for this bird.

My second He-177 project will be to convert it into a 274, with the four engines. It looks to be a fairly straightforward conversion, with a new section of wing to go where the 610 is on the 177, and four nacelles out of a Ju-88. The landing gear is still the same split kind, and one variant doesn't require for the tail to be scratchbuilt except for the turret.

Good luck with the project, and I'd like to hear your progress.

Mika

Andrei
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Romania
Posted: Sunday, November 10, 2002 - 06:49 PM UTC
If you want some references from the net, try
www.il2center.com/reference/bulk
and look for He 177. Also you can find a lot of references about other planes. If you have some color pictures in those books, can you photo them and sand me to [email protected]?
MadMeex
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Vaasa, Finland
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 02:06 AM UTC
Andrei,

What kind of pix are you looking for? Camo shots? Interiors?

Mika
Andrei
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Romania
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 08:35 PM UTC
I am looking for color photos of the interior of He 177.
MadMeex
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Vaasa, Finland
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2002 - 01:08 AM UTC
Sorry Andrei, none of the books I have show any color photos of the interior. I'll look through some issues of Cockpit magazine that I have, they should be able to at least outline some the colors used, above and beyond the RLM66 everywhere. I think I can do it this weekend, so I'll post the results here.

Mika
 _GOTOTOP